Make a donation

Author Topic: Seized any ideas?  (Read 859 times)

Offline neil86

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Seized any ideas?
« on: September 14, 2011, 09:15:47 pm »
Hi trying to remove my wiper arm on rear of golf, tried every thing i can think of but solid on the shaft.

Tried that shock freeze stuff with no joy.

Any one else had better luck am gathering its either rusted or its two different metal types and they have corroded together.

Offline PDT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
Re: Seized any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 09:48:27 pm »
Buy a battery terminal remover from halfords/machine mart: http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/cht436-battery-terminal-bearing-puller

Offline mortygttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 10:57:58 pm »
Dave it cannot be done with anything like that has the rear wiper has the washer jet at the end so any thing like that will crush the jet(although I do use one for the front wipers)? I find applying small amounts of pressure with a spanner underneath the the wiper arm does eventually release it...just go around the wiper thread working it.

Darren

Offline neil86

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 04:56:05 pm »
i have a bearing puller which i have fashioned a nut to fit over the original one thus making it higher than the jet.  Then cut a piece of 5-8mm thick metal to sit over the top for a base to put the centre of the bearing puller on.

Think it looks professinal pitty it hasnt worked HA HA totally stuck on, gona break the window or something if not carefull think it wil be staying put. Cant believe the poor idea vw has done over that i could be wrong but am sure they have used two different metals. Just imo