Make a donation

Author Topic: Roof Lining  (Read 1727 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Roof Lining
« on: September 15, 2011, 12:19:21 pm »
Quickie............how are these put on?

Is it just a case of removing all the add on....pillars handles etc. and it will drop?
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline JoeDarKa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
Re: Roof Lining
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 07:06:44 pm »
Its a bit of nightmare to be honest!

1. First of all open your boot and if you look inside there will be a plastic edge that needs to come off (its attached to the car.) To get it off you need to remove the entire boot lid plastic covering.

2. We started at the C pillars and move forwards. Grab a pick and pop off the airbag little signs on the pillars. Behind these are a torx screw (size 8/10) which needs to be removed. To get the C pillars out, you have to remove the plastic parts where your parcel shelf sits into / on.

3. B pillar is the same as above about the torx screw. To get the pillar out you have to remove / loosen your seatbelts as its looped through due to the slider. To do this we pulled off the strip on the floor that runs from the front to the rear of the car (pull in the middle and it just pops off) Then i think you need a spline bit to remove the silver metal seat belt runner to get the seatbelt off to be able to slide the B pillar off.

4. To get the A pillars off, we removed a small plastic long thin rectangle of plastic that sits between the door and the dash board. Same with the torx bits but be careful as the airbags sit behind these.

5. You then need to remove the "jesus" handles and all the lights. Think the rear lights just pop off but the front ones will need properly unscrewing i think! You also need to unclip the electrics for the lights of the sun visors, alarm and possibly something else.

6. You may need to mess about with the rear view mirror but not 100% (we only did this as mine was grey and my new liner was black so changed them)

Also remember to detach the battery when your messing around with the airbags. We didnt have to worry about the radio code, it worked straight away.

Iv no doubt forgotten something or someone will post a thoroughly detailed guide off another site!  :happy2:

Good luck, it isnt easy and very time consuming!

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build