Make a donation

Author Topic: The beginners hitlist  (Read 1634 times)

Offline wisebuddah

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
The beginners hitlist
« on: September 17, 2011, 09:10:37 am »
Morning all,

I've had my GTI for 3 weeks now and I'm planning on a serious clean inside and out this weekend. What are the essential products that I need, and can I obtain them today from a Halfrauds or somewhere similar?

Ta

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: The beginners hitlist
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 09:38:16 am »
There are loads of products in this section if you browse for them. A lot of it is based on personal preference. The autoglym and meguairs stuff at halfrauds is pretty good but best bought when they have offers eg 3 for 2 or it can work out more expensive.

Might be easier to start off with a few things and then build it up. Start with two buckets, microfibre wash mitt and something like megs gold class shampoo.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 09:42:59 am »

/\ agree with the above, on a browse of this section you will find great results on different colours with different products

1st bits of kit ideally; 2 buckets with grit guards, good quality wash mitt x2, super plush drying towel

You will soon get bitten by the detailing bug & want to keep her in tip top condition so a jet wash and foam lance would be a good investment too  :happy2:

Offline wisebuddah

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 10:28:23 am »
Thanks both, it's already bitten..already installed an RNS510, seat inserts and clutch plate thanks to Gulfstream, and I'm now thinking 'what next'?

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 10:35:04 am »
Thanks both, it's already bitten..already installed an RNS510, seat inserts and clutch plate thanks to Gulfstream, and I'm now thinking 'what next'?

If you have the seat insert, how about the footrest too.  something else for you to keep clean lol

Offline Vdub13799

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 02:36:02 pm »
Had mine only a little while now bud. Gave it a clay in the week using megs clay kit. What a difference mate!!! Every single panel on the car is as smooth as glass  :happy2: Definitely use two bucket method, good quality washing mitt, microfibre drying towels!! So much better then a shammy!!!! Then I polished and sealed it with poorboys products, I got all my stuff from performance motorcare, I did get carried away and spent quite a bit but its worth it for the results!!

Offline wisebuddah

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 07:16:08 pm »
Yeah, so I got involved with the clay action today..couldn't believe the amount of crap that it brought off.. I reckon it'll be a little quicker now lol  :notworthy:

Offline Frenzy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 10:11:06 pm »
^^^ Just checking but you did wash the car first? Unless you are a pro detailer with claying, whilst removing crap, it shouldn't actually remove mega amounts if the car has been shampooed thoroughly  :happy2: It's easy to marr your paintwork if not done correctly.

Just checking is all.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 10:13:00 pm by Frenzy »

Offline wisebuddah

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 09:55:03 pm »
Yeah, gave it a quick wash first..nothing major though..mind you the instructions don't say to wash first.. waxed it today, it looks ace, so I think it's cool  :smiley: