Make a donation

Author Topic: My car for sale, is the price too high ?  (Read 3155 times)

Offline Jk911

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 3
Re: My car for sale, is the price too high ?
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2011, 05:04:43 pm »
This docent make a lot of sense, the mods that have been done to the car are basically the main mods people do, wheels, suspension ,exhaust, remap etc

So if you were planning on modding a car surrely it's better to buy one at not much more money than a standard car, that has already had the basic mods done, as apossed to a standard car then spend £5-6k doing the exact same mods????

Seams a bit of a flimsy argument, but thanks for your views guys

Offline Vdub13799

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2011, 05:07:35 pm »
People like to do there own thing bud, its better to buy a car standard and change it yourself I think, more fun! Nice car though, have you put it on pistonheads?

Offline golf nutter

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 13
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2011, 05:10:40 pm »
for me, in general it's a case of who did the mods, what problems were encountered and were there any bodges, if most are performance related mods - has the car been ragged to within an inch of its life...blank canvas for me every time.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2011, 05:14:08 pm »
People like to do there own thing bud, its better to buy a car standard and change it yourself I think, more fun! Nice car though, have you put it on pistonheads?

Although Ive had satisfaction from getting mods done I have to disagree.

If I came across a well documented, well looked after highly modified car it would be backwards not to save money on buying it already done as buying the mods brand new would cost a fortune!

More time to enjoy it as you want it

[/2pence]

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2011, 08:05:08 pm »

If I came across a well documented, well looked after highly modified car it would be backwards not to save money on buying it already done as buying the mods brand new would cost a fortune!

[/2pence]

I like to see and fell what kind of difference every modification makes so I'd have to go for a standard car every time personally

Matt
Mk5 Golf GTI - DSG, BBS VZ's, S3 Front Brakes, Electric Seats, R32 Rear Lights, Xenon's, Colour Coded........

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2011, 08:06:28 pm »

[/2pence]

I like to see and fell what kind of difference every modification makes so I'd have to go for a standard car every time personally

Matt

Know exactly what you mean but I often get inpaitient and do mods together and find it hard to say where the difference was made anyhow
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 08:38:44 am by Tfsi_Mike »

Offline Jk911

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2011, 11:38:20 pm »
Each to their own I suppose, by the way all the mods were done by amd in Essex , who know a thing or two about vw's :smiley:

Offline Stevenebm

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2011, 02:15:57 am »
its weird mate.id much rather have a good modded one.just like my focus rs which had over 5k in four items spend on it plus the rest and it was low miles also but people would rather buy standard and spend loads more doing it themself.