Make a donation

Author Topic: Another remap question.......  (Read 1843 times)

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 59
Another remap question.......
« on: September 29, 2011, 05:55:56 pm »
I currently have a remap with Angel Tuning who have always maintained their maps aren't 'staged'  :stupid:.  Having just taken delivery of a Milltek DP/sport cat I dropped them an email to confirm they could tweak the map to tell the ECU of the exhaust change and map out the inevitable CEL thrown up buy the O2 sensor, also as I fitted my Evoms intake after the initial remap I thought maybe they would need to change something there as well.

Well I had a email back and have said if I bring the car to them (approx' 400 mile round trip) they would map out the CEL if it comes on for free, if they come to me £100.............but for that there's no mention of a change to the map for the exhaust/intake!!!! 

What exactly is involved in a stage 2 remap???

His: MK2 Black Magic Skoda Octavia vRS Estate
Hers: MK5 Graphite Blue Pearl VW Golf GT140 -

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32783.0.html

Offline baldwined30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Re: Another remap question.......
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 06:03:52 pm »
I had this same issue with superchips! The ecu itself does do a few adjustments itself once it knows its breathing easier!

Did you ask them difference their stage 2 was over 1?

Ed30

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 06:13:04 pm »
I had this same issue with superchips! The ecu itself does do a few adjustments itself once it knows its breathing easier!

Did you ask them difference their stage 2 was over 1?

This is the problem, where they have always been adamant that their remaps aren't 'staged' but are adaptive - the thing is I can kind of understand this as I added the Evoms after the map and it seemed to adapt to that......

Below is the email I sent them and the reply:

Evening guys,

You very kindly remapped my mk2 Octavia vRS way back in January 2009, well 2 and a half years down the line I'm still impressed, however I have now managed to get my hands on a Milltek down pipe/sport cat which I will be fitted imminently. For this to work to its potential I am going to need the map 'tweaked' including flashing out the rear O2 sensor as when fitted the sport cat will through up a CEL. I did discuss this with Nigel a while ago and he said it wouldn't be a problem, can you confirm and give me a price for this service, ideally I would like you to come to me, but if necessary I could pay you a visit (if you're still in Tonbridge).

Thanks in advance, Lee.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Lee

If it does throw up the warning light we can do it for you for £100 if you can wait until we are down there or free if you want to bring it to the Midlands

Nigel

I gotta say, its a bit confusing, surely more needs to be done to the map after the Milltek is fitted or can a map be that adaptive??  
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 10:38:28 am by vRS_Pagey »

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 06:41:01 pm »
a stage 1 cant turn itself into a stage 2 by adaptation.

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 06:59:56 pm »
a stage 1 cant turn itself into a stage 2 by adaptation.

Is it possible that the map I have is set to max basically like a stage 2+ so it will be ready and willing to accept upgrades?