Make a donation

Author Topic: ED35 Spec  (Read 3462 times)

Offline Deako

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
Re: ED35 Spec
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2011, 06:57:22 pm »
Thanks mate. We are really looking forward to it, as we had a Polo GTI on order last year. One of the very first orders to be put through the system, with an initial delivery date of July. (We ordered in April). However, the delays got longer and longer, until in July we were told we actually didnt know when we would have been getting our car. That was when we cancelled and jumped ship and bought the Clio 200. Which i loved the handling and character of, but it just wasnt a Dub.

So in hindsight, we should have just been patient last year, and we would have now had our Polo GTI.

Sorry for going off topic OP.

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2011, 09:39:56 pm »
That fine ,

Just checked mail and the local VW dealer is working on a deal.I wont apply any pressure on him but with all the bits I want its 31k before any discounts and px deal, I will keep you posted once we get some prices.

My only concern is the dealer is going to tell me the ED35 is list and very rare etc ,I am thinking here must be 7 or 8 % discount ?? .Am i dreaming the last brand new GTI I bought in 08 I received 10%+ off ,All I hear is bad news so I want a decent deal

Offline Snoopy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2011, 10:12:55 pm »
Scooba you have PM.

Richn83. Do you know when they started to supply the BT via the radio as it use to be a modual under the drivers seat. Im guessing they just started to do this.  :confused:

Deako. Thank you for the sig mk2 16V article download. I remember reading those articles back in the day and will enjoy reading them again, much apreciated.  :drinking:
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 10:20:48 pm by Snoopy »
Ex mk5 GTI owner, moved to a mk6 in 2010.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2011, 11:17:34 pm »

Deako. Thank you for the sig mk2 16V article download. I remember reading those articles back in the day and will enjoy reading them again, much apreciated.  :drinking:

No worries. I used to own those very magazines in print some years ago, and decided to scan them all up. Last year, i thought i would convert to PDF and share them with everyone.  :happy2:

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2011, 09:48:23 am »
There might be approx 10% off a standard golf, but when the ED30 came out the max they were offering then was 2-3% at launch. I have just emailed one of the dealers I use to see what's available.
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2011, 10:13:55 am »
I suppose the difference this time is that the Edition 35 is not a limited run model.

Offline Snoopy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2011, 11:49:43 am »
No worries. I used to own those very magazines in print some years ago, and decided to scan them all up. Last year, i thought i would convert to PDF and share them with everyone.  :happy2:
I still have the what car magazines in the loft with the reviews in. I was actually going to dig them out this weekend to read these exact articles because im currently looking for a good 16V. So you saved me a lot of hassle moving boxes and stuff to find them, much apreciated  :drinking:
I better not spam any longer  :ashamed:
Ex mk5 GTI owner, moved to a mk6 in 2010.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2011, 12:52:49 pm »
Does anyone know how long the Edition 35 will be available to order with VW? Say, by next Summer do we still expect it to be available?

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2011, 03:55:38 pm »
I dont know when, I just know that the RCD310 and RNS310 both hae bluetooth gubbings inside them as standard, all you need for bluetooth with them is to run the microphone and software enable the unit to use the bluetooth.  I know someone who is working on a box that will allow this to be enabled as a retrofit.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Thecrawf

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2011, 04:09:52 pm »
I dont know when, I just know that the RCD310 and RNS310 both hae bluetooth gubbings inside them as standard, all you need for bluetooth with them is to run the microphone and software enable the unit to use the bluetooth.  I know someone who is working on a box that will allow this to be enabled as a retrofit.
I thought the BT unit was under the drivers seat?
Really do miss the mk5 Perelli rare breed of car
Audi S3 black edition 1 week old went wrong sent back to Audi
RS3 order cancelled bought C63 AMG PPP now sold after a year of expensive trips to kwik fit
New car BMW M135i loaded to the hilt

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2011, 04:51:11 pm »
it is with factory on most units (and it might be in this case as I havent been inside an ED35 to check) but I know that the new 310 units (315 in US) have BT built in for streaming music, and via a software change and adding the voice control mic then BT for phones can be enabled.  I know this because the coder for the polar units are working on a box that like VIM will alter the coding to enable BT for phone.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

Offline the bruce

• Thank You
  • -Given: 322
  • -Receive: 100
    • my GTI
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2011, 10:54:35 pm »
The MK6 doesnt have an aerial un-less you have nav so you wouldnt be able to retro without drilling.

:happy2:

Nav antenna can be placed just under the dashboard.
I would avoid drilling the roof.
"You get what you pay for."

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2011, 09:06:57 am »
The MK6 doesnt have an aerial un-less you have nav so you wouldnt be able to retro without drilling.

:happy2:

Nav antenna can be placed just under the dashboard.
I would avoid drilling the roof.

I wouldnt drill either, I have replace my bee sting with a shark fin for GPS was just making sure that the OP new they all still have naked roofs without satnav  :wink:

Offline smokeybubbles

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2011, 09:03:15 am »

My only concern is the dealer is going to tell me the ED35 is list and very rare etc ,I am thinking here must be 7 or 8 % discount ?? .Am i dreaming the last brand new GTI I bought in 08 I received 10%+ off ,All I hear is bad news so I want a decent deal

7-8% off an edition 35 is a big ask! there is no way i would even consider giving someone that.  i would offer you more in the region of £500 - £1000. no more.  your right when you say the economy is slow, but the edition 35 will still sell.  With the MK7 being set up for production in wolfsburg, and deliveries expected to start Q1-Q2 2013 that doesnt give a long shelf life on the edition 35.  they also say they expect there to only be around 500 per year sent to the UK.  even if VW do build more than they say, you can still only expect somewhere in the region of 2000 UK edition 35's looking at that timescale. A factory order DSG will probably take 5 months + unless a dealer can ammend there stock order.

when the dealer comes back to you with some figures, if you want to drop me a PM i am happy to see if i can offer you anything better.

Offline BeezerDiesel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2011, 04:44:37 pm »
Not exactly ED35 specific but mk6 GTI specific and hot off the press:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=207717.0

Leather and bluetooth now standard on GTIs, GTDs and Rs.
Andy
7R