Make a donation

Author Topic: Budget FK Automotive Racing Seat / Simulator  (Read 7527 times)

Offline Deako

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
Budget FK Automotive Racing Seat / Simulator
« on: September 24, 2011, 11:37:35 pm »
Noticed these appearing on eBay. After a bit of searching, ive found the proper FK Automotive page.

Looks good for the price, which is roughly half what any competition are selling them for.

http://www.fk-shop.de/en/Sport-Seats-belts/oxid-oxid/Seat-racing-simulator-for-PC-gamers-and-game-consoles-fabric-black.html

They can be had on eBay for £139.99 inc free P&P.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RACING-GAMING-GAMERS-CHAIR-SEAT-AND-FRAME-PS3-XBOX-WII-PC-360-DRIVING-SIMULATOR-/280743555981?pt=UK_Controllers_Attachments&hash=item415d9eb38d#ht_1335wt_986

Remarkable value really, a decent bucket seat would cost that on its own.

I used to have one of these before: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OpenWheeler-Xbox360-Gaming-Seat-Driving-Simulator-/120775200751?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN&hash=item1c1ec34fef#ht_2767wt_1219

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: Budget FK Automotive Racing Seat / Simulator
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 09:24:08 am »
That is very tempting! Always wanted one of these but the price and storage solution has always stopped me. I take it I'd only need a decent steering wheel to finish the package off?

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 10:09:54 am »
That is very tempting! Always wanted one of these but the price and storage solution has always stopped me. I take it I'd only need a decent steering wheel to finish the package off?

Yup.  :happy2:

Looks to be a nice cheap entry into the market. Not read any reviews of it yet, and doesnt look quite as adjustable as the market leaders, but for the price i dont think you can go wrong. You couldnt throw a seat onto some welded tubes with powder coating for less.

Would it be for Console or PC Greeners? Which console if so?

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ks7chdfvp8fgl64nf55qldngjd&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 10:25:44 am »
Just jump in your car and go for a drive!!

.:Tapatalk:.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 04:42:51 pm »
Just jump in your car and go for a drive!!

.:Tapatalk:.

Yeah, but you cant go and drive the best race circuits in the world every time you jump in the car. Also, license aside, you cant drive without limits. If you want a realistic racing experience when you game, then decent seating and wheel is necessary.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 06:37:42 pm »

Looks to be a nice cheap entry into the market. Not read any reviews of it yet, and doesnt look quite as adjustable as the market leaders, but for the price i dont think you can go wrong. You couldnt throw a seat onto some welded tubes with powder coating for less.

For PS3..........

So if I go for it can you guys recommend me a decent wheel that isn't gonna cost more than the seat itself!  :laugh:

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 06:46:28 pm »
I recently got a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel. Looked everywhere for one with no luck then I found a one at Game in Leeds so went and picked it up.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Driving-Force-GT-Steering/dp/B001IWR9JY

Having never had a wheel before I think it's great, has force feedback and 900 degrees of rotation, feels quite realistic and like a quality piece of kit.

I paid £99 but you could probably get it a bit cheaper if you could find one on the net or 2nd hand. For the amount I use it I didn't want to spend anymore and it fits the bill just fine.

Matt 
Mk5 Golf GTI - DSG, BBS VZ's, S3 Front Brakes, Electric Seats, R32 Rear Lights, Xenon's, Colour Coded........

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 07:05:23 pm »
Personally i want to save for a Fanatec CSR Elite. However, at around £300 for the steering wheel, £150 for the pedals, and another £60 for the shifter, its going to take me a while to save.  :grin:

For PS3..........

So if I go for it can you guys recommend me a decent wheel that isn't gonna cost more than the seat itself!  :laugh:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 12:04:16 am »
Thanks chaps!

Anything a bit cheaper that you gamers out there use and are happy with?