Make a donation

Author Topic: The Jettwhore!!  (Read 44317 times)

Offline gixerben

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92657.msg930393.html#msg930393
Re: The Jettwhore!!
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2014, 12:05:13 pm »
Looking good
Pirelli GTI

Offline Dannyboy88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #151 on: May 02, 2015, 08:31:32 am »
Haven't been on here for awhile so thought id do a small update, as much as I loved this car I ended up selling it two weeks ago to a friend of mine, so I've now moved onto a A5 3.0 TDI Quattro, will get some pics up soon.

Offline Sjw_Vw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #152 on: May 02, 2015, 01:53:30 pm »
Shame you sold your Jetta, but i'm sure you're more than happy with your A5! :drool:.  I follow the guy on Instagram who bought it off you and he's already changed it a bit :smiley:
Instagram - sjw_vw. Updated all the time :)

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: May 02, 2015, 03:58:17 pm »
... so I've now moved onto a A5 3.0 TDI Quattro, will get some pics up soon....

Audi fwiend  :drinking:

:signLOL: :laugh:

How's it drive compared to the Jetta? Look forward to seeing a thread for it following on from this one Danny  :happy2:
Please say you've an exhaust planned...  :drool: They sound the mutts nutts with an exhaust that exploits that V6  :love:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline Dannyboy88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #154 on: May 02, 2015, 04:04:51 pm »
Shame you sold your Jetta, but i'm sure you're more than happy with your A5! :drool:.  I follow the guy on Instagram who bought it off you and he's already changed it a bit :smiley:
Yeah its a good friend whos bought it so i know its in good hands, i think its getting put on air ride in the next week or so. Yeah im loving the A5, even though its standard at the moment i just love driving it.

Offline Dannyboy88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #155 on: May 02, 2015, 04:09:02 pm »
... so I've now moved onto a A5 3.0 TDI Quattro, will get some pics up soon....

Audi fwiend  :drinking:

:signLOL:

How's it drive compared to the Jetta? Look forward to seeing a thread for it following on from this one Danny  :happy2:
Please say you've an exhaust planned...  :drool: They sound the mutts nutts with an exhaust that exploits that V6  :love:
The A5 feels like its in a different league compaired to the jetta lol.

Yeah i've got a custom exhaust planned already, dummy dpf then just straight all the way back, if its too loud hes told me he can put a mid box in to make it abit quieter lol, also planning to have it mapped the day after i get the exhaust done so i can enjoy both mods together should be looking at around 300bhp with the exhaust and remap.

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #156 on: May 02, 2015, 05:12:24 pm »
Plan game: Strong  :evilgrin:

:D
Yeah stage 2 and a good system will reveal 300hp fairly easily I'd have thought, judging by the YouTube vids I've spent way too long watching :laugh: :grin:?

What's it like on fuel in real terms?
Presumably you've running the dual clutch semi-auto box (DSG equivalent)?

Look forward to seeing some pics and thread/blog either way  :happy2:
Pete

Offline Dannyboy88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #157 on: May 02, 2015, 05:28:31 pm »
Plan game: Strong  :evilgrin:

:D
Yeah stage 2 and a good system will reveal 300hp fairly easily I'd have thought, judging by the YouTube vids I've spent way too long watching :grin:?

What's it like on fuel in real terms?
Presumably you've running the dual clutch semi-auto box (DSG equivalent)?

Look forward to seeing some pics and thread/blog either way  :happy2:
Its a manual the one i've got. Its not a new one its a 57 plate.
Fuel wise its not that bad to be honest, i travel 50+ miles a day to work and back so im on the motorway all the time, it costs about £70 to fill and im getting around 500 mile to a tank, i can average between 42mpg to 50mpg (according to the trip computer) but then if you give it the beans around town it will soon drop to 25mpg to 32mpg.

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #158 on: May 02, 2015, 07:12:04 pm »
Fuel wise its not that bad to be honest, i travel 50+ miles a day to work and back so im on the motorway all the time, it costs about £70 to fill and im getting around 500 mile to a tank, i can average between 42mpg to 50mpg (according to the trip computer) but then if you give it the beans around town it will soon drop to 25mpg to 32mpg.

Ah yea, TBH the new ones are extortionate for what they are.

That's neat and tidy on fuel! You're very nearly reeling the same figures as my FWD CR170 (Revo'ed) give or take a couple here and there, so I think that's impressive for a V6 unit. I can get 60mpg on a longer run while driving gingerly, but as with most driving, journeys are usually below 30 miles so it sits around the 44-58mpg mark depending on where and how spirited.

To the Ring' and back, I got 720 miles from one tank brim-to-brim, 55 litre tank.
I reckon yours would have managed 600-620 on a steady cruise without too much trouble on the same journey, perhaps bit better once mapped :smiley:

I'm getting the vibes yours wouldn't be much more to run than mine at all - which is useful to know with another 70hp and 150 or so torques standard :party:

You think the clutch will be fine once you're in the 650nm mark?  :innocent:
Pete

Offline Dannyboy88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #159 on: May 02, 2015, 08:02:21 pm »

Ah yea, TBH the new ones are extortionate for what they are.

That's neat and tidy on fuel! You're very nearly reeling the same figures as my FWD CR170 (Revo'ed) give or take a couple here and there, so I think that's impressive for a V6 unit. I can get 60mpg on a longer run while driving gingerly, but as with most driving, journeys are usually below 30 miles so it sits around the 44-58mpg mark depending on where and how spirited.

To the Ring' and back, I got 720 miles from one tank brim-to-brim, 55 litre tank.
I reckon yours would have managed 600-620 on a steady cruise without too much trouble on the same journey, perhaps bit better once mapped :smiley:

I'm getting the vibes yours wouldn't be much more to run than mine at all - which is useful to know with another 70hp and 150 or so torques standard arty:

You think the clutch will be fine once you're in the 650nm mark?  :innocent:
From what i've been reading on the A5 OC Forum the gearbox/clutch is ok for 780nm so it should be fine.
Just had alook through your build thread and i've noticed you've got the wheels on i've been looking at but i've been looking at them in 20" , also been looking at S5 brake setups aswell but they can wait for now.

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #160 on: May 02, 2015, 10:03:10 pm »
:happy2:

Good stuff.
Haha you'll probably need to remortgage for 20"s. 18x8's are £800 new without tyres, 19"s around a grand. Even used 20"s, the market must start at £1400 ish for CKs, no?  :scared:

How's the spec in yours?
Keen to see pics man :party:
Pete

Offline Dannyboy88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #161 on: May 02, 2015, 10:09:05 pm »
:happy2:

Good stuff.
Haha you'll probably need to remortgage for 20"s. 18x8's are £800 new without tyres, 19"s around a grand. Even used 20"s, the market must start at £1400 ish for CKs, no?  :scared:

How's the spec in yours?
Keen to see pics man arty:
Theres a set ive seen that are very cheap on ebay due to having 2 cracked repaired.

Mines a sport so no S-Line bumpers or anything, its got full heated electric leather, satnav etc. I've got a friend with Vagcom so hopefully going to activate a few little extras.

Only picture i've got i think.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 10:15:20 pm by Dannyboy88 »

Offline th3_f15t

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
« Reply #162 on: May 03, 2015, 11:28:22 am »
I'd avoid cracked rims like the plague, regardless of how well they may of been repaired. Seen a few cases of repaired alloys failing shortly after because you just can't repair the structural strength of an alloy once it's cracked.

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #163 on: May 18, 2015, 05:50:50 pm »
How's it driving Danny?  :happy2: Looks fine to me.

RS style grille and you'll be laughing. Got suspension/wheels/etc in mind, the usual mental prep plan?  :rolleye: :smiley:

Don't think I could buy a car anymore without knowing what mods I'm going to do first.
How's it drive and how's it been on fuel?
@Dannyboy88
Pete

Offline Dannyboy88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #164 on: June 06, 2015, 11:17:30 am »
How's it driving Danny?  :happy2: Looks fine to me.

RS style grille and you'll be laughing. Got suspension/wheels/etc in mind, the usual mental prep plan?  :rolleye: :smiley:

Don't think I could buy a car anymore without knowing what mods I'm going to do first.
How's it drive and how's it been on fuel?
@Dannyboy88
Yeah just saving at the moment to hopefully get the exhaust and map done then move onto wheels and suspension.

I'm really happy with how it drives, im getting 480+ miles to a tank so im happy.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk