Make a donation

Author Topic: Recommended intake for mk5 gti standard  (Read 3871 times)

Offline mk5 luke

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Recommended intake for mk5 gti standard
« on: September 28, 2011, 05:00:11 pm »
What gives best cold air flow I've heard the ITG
Is the best? Does it bring on any warning lights when it's fitted?

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 59
Re: Recommended intake for mk5 gti standard
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 05:23:04 pm »
ITG, BSH, Neuspeed, Evoms all very good intakes with proven gains.  I went for the Evoms purely because I managed to get it for silly money.  An intake will not bring up a CEL, unless you damage the MAF when fitting.

HTH, Lee.

His: MK2 Black Magic Skoda Octavia vRS Estate
Hers: MK5 Graphite Blue Pearl VW Golf GT140 -

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32783.0.html

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 07:46:53 pm »
i'm gonna go for the BSH true seal, just because it looks the most OEM and still gives (apparently) a dyno proven 8bhp. it's inexpensive too compared with some of the others
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline mk5 luke

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 08:13:18 pm »
Sorry guys new to this your going to have to speak plain old English, won't do the work myself but want to go the right way about upgrading my car, gonna get stage 1 within the next few weeks then looking to purchase the cai. Do you have any links for me to buy one? Looking but all say they give better performance I want one that is specialiy made for my car any out there??

Offline GNJ_Motorsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 20
    • GNJ Motorsport
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 08:24:47 pm »
Sorry guys new to this your going to have to speak plain old English, won't do the work myself but want to go the right way about upgrading my car, gonna get stage 1 within the next few weeks then looking to purchase the cai. Do you have any links for me to buy one? Looking but all say they give better performance I want one that is specialiy made for my car any out there??

We do a few intakes for the GTI:

http://www.gnjmotorsport.com/categories/Volkswagen/Golf-mk5-GTI/Air-Filters/

I always recommend the ITG Maxogen. I have one fitted to my S3 as I think it is the best kit for these engines personally. I can do you one for £335 delivered if you have a standard GTI with K03 turbo.

0% Interest Free Finance Available On All Parts NOW
www.gnjmotorsport.com
info@gnjmotorsport.com  -  01254 883345
Facebook  -  Instagram

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 11:27:12 pm »

intakes are much of a muchness. they all give about the same gains, and some will swear down theirs is better but i doubt there's much in it. there are LOADS of CAIs for the 2.0T engine. just do a google search and you'll get loads of threads from loads of forums with comparisons, prices, even fitting even tho you're not interested in that.

as a piece of advice tho, i'd get the CAI first, and them remap it. that way the map "knows" about the CAI. you're likely to benefit more from the Stage 1 that way, and it's not unheard of for a CAI to hinder performance as the ECU gets confused as to where this extra air is coming from and holds the engine back.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 59
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 01:32:00 pm »

intakes are much of a muchness. they all give about the same gains, and some will swear down theirs is better but i doubt there's much in it. there are LOADS of CAIs for the 2.0T engine. just do a google search and you'll get loads of threads from loads of forums with comparisons, prices, even fitting even tho you're not interested in that.

as a piece of advice tho, i'd get the CAI first, and them remap it. that way the map "knows" about the CAI. you're likely to benefit more from the Stage 1 that way, and it's not unheard of for a CAI to hinder performance as the ECU gets confused as to where this extra air is coming from and holds the engine back.

Thats interesting, as I had mine remapped prior to fitting my Evoms!  I will be fitting a milltek sport cat soon and going to stage 2, so I'll make sure I tell the tuner about the intake and see what difference it makes.

His: MK2 Black Magic Skoda Octavia vRS Estate
Hers: MK5 Graphite Blue Pearl VW Golf GT140 -

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32783.0.html