Make a donation

Author Topic: Remap group buy. GTI and ED30 Stage1. £249 with free panel filter.  (Read 9650 times)

Offline jedi-knight83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
Good evening.

I know I'm fairly new here but hopefully I can help provide a bit of a saving on a great remap offer. I've been having a look around and AMD seem to be £499 for a stage one and I believe Revo are about the same.

I've been in contact with Motech Performance in Northampton though. They remapped my VW caddy and my dads car and also a friends Caddy and all have been excellent.

Motech is a smaller operation with lower overheads but the maps they supply are easily on a par with AMD and Revo. Below is a review from PVW (click to enlarge)

Their regular price for their 'Active Map' which is essentially a Stage 1 is £299.

The maps are not as agressive as some. I can speak from experience having had an AMD map on my first S3 and Revo on my 2nd and the Revo was definitely harsher but Mike has said they dont push silly boundaries so expect 250-260bhp for the GTI and 300-310bhp for the ED30.

The offer is as follows:

2-5 cars - £249 (saving £50)
5+ cars - £249 all cars get a free Pipercross panel filter fitted (about £35 worth) (saving £85 overall)
10+ cars - I'll go back to Mike and hopefully get a little bit more off for everyone but no promises :)

Mike is looking to complete all the cars on the same saturday morning but can be flexible if someone wants to go separately because of other commitments. It will also make a nice little mini meet and I will have my Vagcom there to fault check / clear and also make little tweaks anyone needs. Mike also has Vagcom and will provide data logs after the map.

Payment will be direct to Motech. £50 deposit to confirm your space at this price and then the balance upon completion of the work on the day. I'll get Mike to join up here to hopefully answer any questions or I can pass them to him as well.

I'm suggesting October 15th as the remap day... mainly as I cant wait to unleash the true potential of my GTI :)

Its worth noting as well that Motech can also cater for Stage 2 needs (they call this their 'X-Map) at the same price and they will be included in this group buy but talk to Mike about your needs.

Add your name to the list.. I will update this first post with names as well.

I will update payment info when we have a few names on the board.

1 ) Jedi-Knight83 - Standard GTI DSG
2 )
3 )
4 )
5 )
6 )
7 )
8 )
9 )
10)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motech-performance/130614396994283
http://www.motechperformance.co.uk
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 04:00:44 pm by jedi-knight83 »
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
Re: Remap group buy. GTI and ED30 Stage1. £250 with free panel filter.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 11:00:37 pm »
By the way this has been approved by SteveP who said to put it here rather than in group buys as he thought it wouldnt have much support... but hopefully we can prove him wrong :)

Last time I did a group buy on a remap when I had my S3 we got 26 people on board and 26 cars remapped in the deal.  :driver:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 11:11:23 pm by jedi-knight83 »
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 10:24:41 am »
38 people viewed and no one yet wants a remap at what I think is the cheapest price you will find? I've had a look at other tuning companies last night too and most are around the £400-£500 mark for the same remap.

Im sure there are lots of new members out there who havent remapped yet.

Nice excuse for a little mini meet as well and I can field detailing questions as well and probably get my detailing friend along in his Caddy for a little safe wash demo as well if people think it would be helpful.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=pdhmjnin0vq87t5uaek9j8ap2j&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 10:43:31 am »
Question is... Has anyone on here got a motech remap? If there's few people to report on the quality of the map then this might not get off the ground.

.:Tapatalk:.

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 10:52:06 am »
Well as I said I've got one on my van and my dad had his peugeot HDI mapped. Both were lovely and smooth and yes more powerful and both gave better mpg. My van started returning 10-20 miles more to the tank (until i fitted the bigger heavier wider wheels which has brought my rage down a bit again). My in gear 60-80 time in the van was cut by about 2 seconds as well (a crude but I think fairly accurate series of stop watch tests before and after)

I havent checked with Mike if its ok to say this yet so I might have to come back and delete it :) but he basically downloads the ecu code and saves it for if you need to revert to standard. He also emails that code to 'a guy' who alters it, emails it back and then it gets uploaded.

The 'guy' who writes the new code used to be the guy who wrote the Revo codes... so he has plenty of experience.

I made sure I checked them out well before having my van and car done.

Hope that helps

Offline Jaywoo-GTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 11:56:43 am »
Sounds like  a good deal,
I looked into Motech before i got my Revo map and only ever heard good stories about  them.
Only reason i didnt use them is i got my Revo map done for free.

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 12:02:26 pm »
Sounds like  a good deal,
I looked into Motech before i got my Revo map and only ever heard good stories about  them.
Only reason i didnt use them is i got my Revo map done for free.

Thanks ... £250 is good... but FREE sounds better lol  :congrats:

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
Re: Remap group buy. GTI and ED30 Stage1. £249 with free panel filter.
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 12:17:12 pm »
just looking at the motech site they have several re-map options, might be worth givign a bit more detail on the maps they are including in the deal, they also dont provide graphs of power curves or potential gains per vehicle all stuff people normally like to see so they can compare and contrast.  :happy2:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 12:43:38 pm »
just looking at the motech site they have several re-map options, might be worth givign a bit more detail on the maps they are including in the deal, they also dont provide graphs of power curves or potential gains per vehicle all stuff people normally like to see so they can compare and contrast.  :happy2:

As said in the description... Its for the 'Active Map' which essentially a Stage 1.

The 'X-Map' is where they can customise it for things like Air intake, HPFP, exhaust etc so essentially a Stage 2.

Mike has said if people already have the parts fitted then the £249 will also cover the X-Map to customise it to the parts fitted.

As for a power graph.. they dont have a rolling road... I've never been a huge fan of rolling road pub bragging rights (although I can see why people find them interesting to look at) as its all about how it feels in real world conditions on the road.

Offline baldwined30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 12:47:00 pm »
This is a sister compnay of MV Sports where i bought my TBE from! I can only say good things about their work ethics and products! Customer serivce is second to none IMO! Keep the panel filter though haha
Ed30

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 12:50:46 pm »
Added a review from PVW in the first post and also here

I've also asked Mike if he has a graph from a 2.0TSI with a Motech map

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 59
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 01:25:32 pm »
250-260 bhp from a K03 powered car with only stage 1 software......that's a massive increase!

His: MK2 Black Magic Skoda Octavia vRS Estate
Hers: MK5 Graphite Blue Pearl VW Golf GT140 -

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32783.0.html

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 01:28:34 pm »
 :popcornsoda:

Offline sweets2

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 01:39:54 pm »
I havent yet had a map done by mike, but I know lots who have and who got excellent results. Lots of the boys in northampton have had maps by mike... with no complaints!

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 02:16:27 pm »
Here is a power graph from a mk6 GTI with a Motech stage 1 map