Make a donation

Author Topic: Remap group buy. GTI and ED30 Stage1. £249 with free panel filter.  (Read 9644 times)

Saint Steve

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=1o6rkdotunkdpgghe0rcotrjhf&/topic,19740.0.html

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
Re: Remap group buy. GTI and ED30 Stage1. £249 with free panel filter.
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2011, 03:36:41 pm »
All good reviews and lots of chit chat then... but does anyone actually want to join me in getting a super cheap remap?  :drinking:
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2011, 03:53:30 pm »
just looking at the motech site they have several re-map options, might be worth givign a bit more detail on the maps they are including in the deal, they also dont provide graphs of power curves or potential gains per vehicle all stuff people normally like to see so they can compare and contrast.  :happy2:

As said in the description... Its for the 'Active Map' which essentially a Stage 1.

The 'X-Map' is where they can customise it for things like Air intake, HPFP, exhaust etc so essentially a Stage 2.

Mike has said if people already have the parts fitted then the £249 will also cover the X-Map to customise it to the parts fitted.

As for a power graph.. they dont have a rolling road... I've never been a huge fan of rolling road pub bragging rights (although I can see why people find them interesting to look at) as its all about how it feels in real world conditions on the road.

No offence and I wont keep posting but it doesnt say it anywhere in the original post  :smiley: and you cant feel how it drives until after the event, but a graph helps you to see how smooth the curve is and any peaks or troughs so quite important not for bragging rights  :happy2:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2011, 04:02:11 pm »
just looking at the motech site they have several re-map options, might be worth givign a bit more detail on the maps they are including in the deal, they also dont provide graphs of power curves or potential gains per vehicle all stuff people normally like to see so they can compare and contrast.  :happy2:

As said in the description... Its for the 'Active Map' which essentially a Stage 1.

The 'X-Map' is where they can customise it for things like Air intake, HPFP, exhaust etc so essentially a Stage 2.

Mike has said if people already have the parts fitted then the £249 will also cover the X-Map to customise it to the parts fitted.

As for a power graph.. they dont have a rolling road... I've never been a huge fan of rolling road pub bragging rights (although I can see why people find them interesting to look at) as its all about how it feels in real world conditions on the road.

No offence and I wont keep posting but it doesnt say it anywhere in the original post  :smiley: and you cant feel how it drives until after the event, but a graph helps you to see how smooth the curve is and any peaks or troughs so quite important not for bragging rights  :happy2:

Sorry... your right... ive just edited now to show its for the 'Active Map' but will also include the 'X-Map' for those that need it.

I've also uploaded a graph from a Mk6 that Motech mapped.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 59
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2011, 05:11:16 pm »
Good figures, but bare in mind the MK6 has the Tsi engine which is more 'tunable' then the Tfsi.

His: MK2 Black Magic Skoda Octavia vRS Estate
Hers: MK5 Graphite Blue Pearl VW Golf GT140 -

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32783.0.html

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2011, 05:23:51 pm »
Good figures, but bare in mind the MK6 has the Tsi engine which is more 'tunable' then the Tfsi.

Yes... as stated the mk5 is likely to be about 255bhp but people asked to see a graph so I showed them :)

What I might do is try to arrange my map with Mike ASAP and get before and after printouts and then carry on the group buy for anyone else interested.

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2011, 05:48:55 pm »

Yes... as stated the mk5 is likely to be about 255bhp but people asked to see a graph so I showed them :)

What I might do is try to arrange my map with Mike ASAP and get before and after printouts and then carry on the group buy for anyone else interested.

Before and after is the way forward, that way if the rollers are grossly inaccurate you will still be able to see the increase.

Offline baldwined30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2011, 05:55:39 pm »
More tunable than the KO4??
Ed30

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2011, 06:20:47 pm »
Is it possible to get a show of hands for who is actually interested and who is on the verge pending what a mk5 graph looks like?

I'll happily pay out of my own pocket to have a before and after power run if it helps people decide but if no one is actually interested anyway I'll save my money as a graph doesn't mean much to me.

I still think £249 is a great deal for a map the same quality as a Revo, AMD, APR map which retail at £400-£500

Offline baldwined30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2011, 06:33:31 pm »
It is a very good deal, im not happy with superchips but really want revo!!
Ed30

Offline martziniuk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2011, 08:15:32 pm »
There is a DNA tuning group buy on another forum, a stage 1 on practically any car for £150!
Mk2 Octavia vRS with K04 conversion, 3"TBE & Decat, APR HPFP, BDM Intake, S3 I/C, Sachs clutch & Unicorn custom map, S3 brakes, AP coilovers, THS mounts.

B8.5 Audi S4 with uprated pulley and unicorn Stage 2

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2011, 08:23:36 pm »
Just a quick question, I have read the thread and cant see how you can expect to have 2+ cars properly mapped, datalogged and signed off on one Saturday Morning, let alone 5 or 10? The ME9 that the tfsi uses takes 25 mins to read and 20 mins to write, takes a good 45 mins to create a base map to test and 20 mins to datalog. Then if changes are required to the map, say 15 mins to do this and another 20 minute upload to the ECU.

So if the map is 100% right first time it will still take approx 2 hours.....

Hopefully this is a typo?

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2011, 09:58:24 pm »
Just a quick question, I have read the thread and cant see how you can expect to have 2+ cars properly mapped, datalogged and signed off on one Saturday Morning, let alone 5 or 10? The ME9 that the tfsi uses takes 25 mins to read and 20 mins to write, takes a good 45 mins to create a base map to test and 20 mins to datalog. Then if changes are required to the map, say 15 mins to do this and another 20 minute upload to the ECU.

So if the map is 100% right first time it will still take approx 2 hours.....

Hopefully this is a typo?

Not a typo... But it was an assumption made by me without talking about the logistics properly. Realistically I was guessing just 3 or 4 people might be interested in the time frame and based on how long it took to do my caddy I guessed we could get a few done on a saturday within a reasonable time.

Seems like its actually going to be too much hassle to arrange so I'm just going to get my car done asap. I'll happily post the results here and then anyone else interested can contact Motech direct and see what deal he can do for them at the time.

Thanks anyway

Nathan

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2011, 10:28:29 am »
More tunable than the KO4??

Let me re-phrase that then - the Tsi engine running the IHI turbo is more tunable than the Tfsi running the K03!!

I have seen a lot of graphs from stage 1 K03 cars and imho 255-260 bhp is a pipe dream, in reality expectations would be between 235-245 bhp maximum.  That's not to say that Motech's maps aren't good, and that the suggested GB price is very competitive,  what it does suggest however is that the rollers being used to establish the figures are maybe a bit generous.  This is where I look forward to seeing before and after results when the Jedi Knight gets the map on........I'm hoping this will prove me wrong, in which case I will be on the phone to Motech!  :wink: