Make a donation

Author Topic: ARBs and WALK advice  (Read 2988 times)

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 28
ARBs and WALK advice
« on: October 01, 2011, 06:21:44 pm »
I'm thinking of getting these done on my car but was wondering if people think its worth doing both? I know i'll save on fitting costs getting them both done at the same time but are both necessary or does one make more of a difference than the other?

Currently looking at the Eibach front and rear set and the whiteline WALK setup...... thoughts on these?

Thanks in advance
Dave

Offline gobbleplease

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
Re: ARBs and WALK advice
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 06:40:27 pm »
Both are very good and transform the handeling of the car, the arbs obviousy reduce roll but it seems like you have a tighter rack and the car reacts instantly to steering inputs, the walk increased front end grip by adding caster
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline the bruce

• Thank You
  • -Given: 322
  • -Receive: 100
    • my GTI
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 07:14:23 pm »
There are some helpful threads on this forum.

Do both !!
"You get what you pay for."

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 07:18:29 pm »
There are some helpful threads on this forum.

Do both !!

+1 a quick use of the search button will fetch you some useful reviews of both. 

I would reccomend both as great chassis mods  :happy2:

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 11:37:32 pm »
Thanks for the feedback guys  :happy2: yeah i've read through a number of threads on here was just wondering if fitting both ARB's and WALK was a bit over the top or whether one was better than the other but i think i'll defo get both done now  :party: can't wait  :driver:

Thanks
Dave

Offline Bernhard30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 12:52:22 am »
I too had the same dilemma, bought the WALK and feel it does certainly help traction. Combined on mine with Bilstein B12 kit.

We had some fitting issues, well removal of original parts to be strictly accurate, in my case the console bush which the WALK replaces had two sheared bolts out of three attaching it, once that was off the car the ALK went on fine.

Ordered the Eibach ARB kit last week, as I flagged in RANDOM chat, found that C&R Enterprises was the best price if that helps. Looking forward to see another incremental improvement.

Bloody slick this slippery slope of modding, I started with just a remap.

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 01:33:41 am »
I too had the same dilemma, bought the WALK and feel it does certainly help traction. Combined on mine with Bilstein B12 kit.

We had some fitting issues, well removal of original parts to be strictly accurate, in my case the console bush which the WALK replaces had two sheared bolts out of three attaching it, once that was off the car the ALK went on fine.

Ordered the Eibach ARB kit last week, as I flagged in RANDOM chat, found that C&R Enterprises was the best price if that helps. Looking forward to see another incremental improvement.

Bloody slick this slippery slope of modding, I started with just a remap.

Thanks for the advice Bernhard  :happy2: and for the great heads up on C&R Enterprises, that'd save me about £30 over the best i've found elsewhere for the Eibachs  :notworthy: mind me asking where you got your WALK from too? Around £170 seems the average, shame C&R don't seem to sell them  :laugh:

Look forward to your opinion on having both fitted and whether you felt it was worth it in terms of improving the handling  :popcornsoda:

Thanks again
Dave
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 01:37:16 am by Little_Dave »

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 06:20:35 am »

Got my WALK from balance motorsports who often have offers on their site.

May get a discount if you mention the forum as I think the last WALK group buys were through balance  :happy2:

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 02:10:37 pm »

May get a discount if you mention the forum as I think the last WALK group buys were through balance  :happy2:

Thanks Mike  :happy2: i'll check them out and see what they can do. Shame i missed the group buy  :sad1: how long ago was that done?

Thanks
Dave

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 02:57:13 pm »

Thanks Mike  :happy2: i'll check them out and see what they can do. Shame i missed the group buy  :sad1: how long ago was that done?

Thanks
Dave

I think there have been a couple.  Juilian @ balance motorsports is quite helpful & friendly see what the best price us at present or if there are any offers on  :happy2:

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 06:59:31 pm »
Just my luck to miss out on the group buy  :signLOL: got my ITG then shortly after one for that was setup  :sad1:

Quick look on the website show's it's sub £160  :happy2:

Just need to fix the annoying slight knocking noise coming from the front end, as i pull away after the cars been parked up for a while, that only lasts for a few hundred yards or so  :confused:

Once  thats sorted i can get on with fitting these  :wink:

Thanks again
Dave

Offline fab5freddy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 238
  • -Receive: 239
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 08:02:38 pm »
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,23845.0.html

Dave did you rule out this as possible cause of knocking? :happy2:

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 08:20:01 pm »
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,23845.0.html

Dave did you rule out this as possible cause of knocking? :happy2:

Thanks for that link Freddy but the knocking noise i get doesnt occur when im on full lock  :confused: its only when i first drive the car after being parked up for a few hours or overnight  :confused: but this noise go's by the time i've got to the end of my road and lately it's come back a few times whilst sat in traffic driving slowly..... i had the car looked at but nothing was found but it's only started happening after i got the car lowered so its either a coincidence or suspension related

Dave

Offline the bruce

• Thank You
  • -Given: 322
  • -Receive: 100
    • my GTI
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2011, 10:13:36 pm »
Thanks for the feedback guys  :happy2: yeah i've read through a number of threads on here was just wondering if fitting both ARB's and WALK was a bit over the top or whether one was better than the other but i think i'll defo get both done now  :party: can't wait  :driver:

Dave, so why not telling your question in one of these threads?

Don't misunderstand me, but starting a new topic for every new
question does not help making forum navigation easy.
"You get what you pay for."

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2011, 10:35:12 pm »
Sorry guys didn't mean to make it seem like i'm changing the subject on this thread or cause any confusion, i meant that i went and read the link freddy posted and a couple of others but it wasn't the same symptoms i am having thats all.

I did start a thread regarding this knocking on here a while ago but didn't get many replies apart from a few people suggesting the same thing about turning on full lock.
Was just thinking out loud when i said i'd need to get that fixed before i changed the ARB's and fitted WALK  :ashamed:

I only mentioned my other problem after getting good feedback and advice on what i was after as a throw away comment but somebody replied so i thought they might be able to help thats all, i was hardly starting a new topic after every reply i got  :confused:

Dave
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 10:42:53 pm by Little_Dave »