Make a donation

Author Topic: N/S/R door wont open  (Read 1103 times)

Offline itismebigd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
N/S/R door wont open
« on: October 05, 2011, 08:47:07 am »
Car in at the stealers today for service and they have told me that the n/s/r/ door will not open so they have stated that they can fix it but and i quote"to keep the workshop ok they might break the door panel in the inside to get it open unfortunetly unavoidable."so i replied if you do that then you are responsible for all damage done. they then said that there are no other way to get it opend without forcing the door from the inside.wont name the garage on here but in the Arnold Clark organisation say no more,so i am left with the option of damaged panels or the door not opening. i will keep you all updated of the outcome.

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
Re: N/S/R door wont open
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 10:12:57 am »
this definitely requires a call to consumer direct. VW should pay for a repair for this in it's entirety. goods not fit for purpose
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline itismebigd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 07:05:32 pm »
Picked car up from dealers today,after a lenthy argument with the service manager door still not opening,as a peaceafirer they discounted the service but im still not happy that there is no other way to fix the door problem other than brute force.i find it really hard that supposedly trained vag tecnicians cant find a better way to solve my problem.so after all that volkswagen franchise manager came out and spoke to me and stated that they need to get to the locking mechanisam and to do that they need the door open (no sh*t bat man) so i told him that if they damaged the inside door trim they should be responsible for all damage as this was my consern all along,so as we speak the door still not fixed

Offline andy7ven

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 30
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 05:52:19 pm »
I'm sure that I read on here that at VW they can make the door pop open as if the car as been in an accident? I had the same trouble with my passenger door they opened it no problem and replaced the locking mechanism.

Arnold Clark are gits I had my first car from them it cost nearly £5000 bought the extended warranty and a few days later - airbag light (refused to do anything about it) had to have it done at the dealers. Then suspension problems (nope not covered). Drivers seat wouldn't lock in place pushed the clutch and the seat shot back. I gave up after that it's easier to say what is not covered than what is.

Offline itismebigd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 06:19:56 pm »
Andy i totally agree with you there bud,it will be the last warrenty i ever pay for with Arnold thats for sure.interesting to here of your answer to my problem will call them tomorro and put it to them.thank you