Make a donation

Author Topic: why do VW prices vary so much??  (Read 1611 times)

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
why do VW prices vary so much??
« on: October 06, 2011, 01:02:00 pm »
After recently sourcing at RNS510 version C LED, i set about sourcing a manual for it - i know, i know, i can download a pdf of the "b" version but im quite anal about stuff like this and prefer the manual so i can put it in the folder.

Anyway, after phoning a couple of dealers near me (manchester), answer ranged from "unable to buy them separate" to £50 for the whole mk6 folder.

So, i decided to email a few other dealers around the country- 139 of them to be exact!!

starting to get replies back... ranging from £10 - £33 and everything in between!!!

that is some price range!! Any ideas whats the reason for this??

Rich
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 01:39:55 pm by richtung »

Offline Horatio

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 39
Re: why do VW prices vary so much??
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 03:13:50 pm »
Sounds mental.

Arse and elbow spring to mind
2007 Black Magic DSG Golf GTI Edition 30. No.1231
.:R32 "milk and juice come in 2 litres"
I run a dirty campervan, need scrubbers

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 06:21:54 pm »
no offence mate but 139 dealers?! admire the dedication but buy a PS3 or something lol

dealers aren't owned by VW remember. they're owned by franchises. they all pay slightly different delivery costs, and have different mark ups. i did notice recently, however, that Mercedes seem to have standardised their prices. my mum recently had a mishap with her car and needed a new bumper for it. 3 different dealers from 3 different groups all quoted exactly the same price

anyhow, dealers will usually price match each other, so if went back to your local dealer with the best price that's the price you should pay
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 07:23:19 pm »
no offence mate but 139 dealers?! admire the dedication but buy a PS3 or something lol

dealers aren't owned by VW remember. they're owned by franchises. they all pay slightly different delivery costs, and have different mark ups. i did notice recently, however, that Mercedes seem to have standardised their prices. my mum recently had a mishap with her car and needed a new bumper for it. 3 different dealers from 3 different groups all quoted exactly the same price

anyhow, dealers will usually price match each other, so if went back to your local dealer with the best price that's the price you should pay

none taken lol!! I was in work and it was quiet so really, i was getting paid to do it!!!  :grin:

My epic emailing has saved me some money so it was worth it!  :happy2:

Rich

Offline JackG

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 07:37:52 pm »
Sounds to me like some are quoting for a full manual
"Book pack" others for the booklet

Prices should be the same across the network, IE VW costs plus the 30% or what ever the markup will be, there is brand standard for it

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!