Make a donation

Author Topic: I know how to fix unemployment, and the broken society.  (Read 6151 times)

Offline pipston

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: I know how to fix unemployment, and the broken society.
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2011, 12:35:49 pm »
@ Poverty - have you been mentally assesed?

Offline cmdrfire

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2011, 01:00:28 pm »
Now I dont agree with the OP, but on your point Neo the mortages and housing market is so massively over-priced due to people having large household incomes and the over leveraging of those incomes by the mortage companies that has created the problem, which leads everyone to have to money grab.

I for one would be happy to stay at home if and when I had a child and look after it and run my own cottage industry part-time and let my partner go off to work but if I ever want to be able to afford a house which means saving up a deposit which is nearly equivalent to an RS3 I have to sell my sole to the dolar.  And by the time I do the 25-35 year mortage term I will be lucky to pay the mortage off (let alone move up the ladder) before I retire by then probably in my 70's  :sad1:

I dunno if they're overpriced because of larger incomes, it falls down to supply and demand. Real estate is limited through virtue of living on an island. Either way it'd be a massive paradigm shift to change things.

Dear Lord, that's terrifying on so many levels!  :scared:

So am I the only one who has a degree of agreement with Poverty or at least the principle of what he is wanting to achieve?

I suggest that the point he is making is that if a society had the structure which he suggests (which is only a structure which used exist) most of today's society's problems wouldn't exist. He's advocating a return to traditional values. Look at those societies in other parts of the world which still have such values: Far less problems with youth, stronger sense of family, more caring, etc etc etc.

I'd suggest that such an idealised society never existed, except in 60s American sitcoms. In Medieval times, peasant men and women would go out together to tend to the fields. Only the noble ladies would not be working, and they didn't look after their own children - they were only there to breed, really. Servants looked after the children. What parts of the world are you referring to Rob? These days there's a problem with youth everywhere. I mean, I think the nuclear- or extended-family is probably better, but I'd hardly suggest there's anywhere with fewer problems with the yoofs.

Chasing money is the real problem. Current Western society places far too much importance on it. It's the fault of those who invented the banks <-- Now someone can call me anti-semetic as well as a sexist  :evilgrin: [But those who know me personally know that isn't the case].

That'd be the Dutch. They invented "high finance" so a pissant little country with no economy could build a fleet of warships and thereby claim an Empire.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2011, 02:10:29 pm »
Wow I started reading that as if it was a copy and paste joke from some other forum but your actually serious aren't you?

Ditto, I've read some pretty weird views on this forum but that takes the biscuit.

Personally I'd have this thread deleted so as not to offend any female members we have here.

If you want to lose any respect people might have for you then you're going the right way about it.

Saint Steve

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2011, 02:34:13 pm »
Having less Mobile Hair dressers around would mean less TTRS's on the road aswell  :chicken:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2011, 02:38:57 pm »

other small flaws in your plan include:

what about lesbien couples??? should they both stay at home instead of working and earning a living and paying taxes? Does that mean that gay couples, where both men are allowed to work can be wealthier then a female couple?

Women who are un married?Should they live at home with their parents for the rest of their lives?

This is obviously totally ignoring the fact this is an extremely outdated sexist view that actually defies belief!

....I agree with you about the flaws you point out in Poverty's plan. However, whether a view is 'sexist' or not doesn't matter. We all live in a country which allows freedom of thought and opinion. Just stop for a moment and consider that at sometime in the future the ideas and opinions you (and others, this isn't personal) have now may be viewed as not 'politically correct'. That's all the crap about sexism etc is all about - It's just what happens to be 'politically correct' now.

Besides which, regardless of age or background, prejudices are very common among people - Experience working on a factory floor and you'll soon find out, for example.

Folks who are heavily into being 'PC' take themselves and life far too seriously in my opinion.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2011, 02:44:38 pm »

Personally I'd have this thread deleted so as not to offend any female members we have here.

If you want to lose any respect people might have for you then you're going the right way about it.

....Absolutely no need to do that as any self-respecting well-balanced female would simply form her own opinion about the OP and other people's posted opinions.

Having respect for someone, regardless of gender, entails having respect for their views and opinions irrespective of them being different from your own!

It would reflect very badly on this forum in my mind if this thread got locked or closed just because we are politely and openly discussing such a subject.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2011, 02:46:07 pm »

Having less Mobile Hair dressers around would mean less TTRS's on the road aswell  :chicken:

.... :signLOL:

Offline paul896

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2011, 02:47:09 pm »
totally agree that PC-ness can and often is taken way too far. However PC-ness and equality arent the same thing

Freedom of speech is a right, and should be carefully used. It shouldnt be used to offend other ppl. If this was a racist mark for example, would the thread not be deleted?

unfortunately prejudices still exist, and this is proof! this is where you q the one day in a dream world speech....
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 02:53:50 pm by paul896 »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2011, 02:58:29 pm »

If this was a racist mark for example, would the thread not be deleted?

....The post might be deleted but the thread wouldn't be deleted by me on a forum where I am a Moderator. I think it would be wrong to shut down a discussion just because of one contributor. PM's first etc and practice a bit of diplomacy and don't be as bigotted as those you would censor. By closing/locking, at least without warnings, you're then as bad as they are.

If I say I generally don't much like most people of a certain race or from a certain country, does that make me a racist? - I hardly think so. I don't respect what any authority determines is 'PC' - I can decide for myself what's right and wrong and also apply intelligence regarding its context. And if I then think I got it wrong I can say sorry and possibly revise my opinion, or not.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 03:00:07 pm by RedRobin »

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2011, 03:05:36 pm »
Poverty, does your girlfriend know about these opinions?

Do you have a girlfriend?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2011, 03:15:25 pm »

....Are you suggesting that if someone doesn't have a girlfriend, they are either a failure or inferior in some way?

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2011, 04:11:58 pm »

....Are you suggesting that if someone doesn't have a girlfriend, they are either a failure or inferior in some way?

Logical fallacy there Red. Andrew is only asking if Poverty has a girlfriend (and therefore has the benefit of a female view to his proposal) or if said girlfriend knows about these views (and what her thoughts on it would be). Nothing said or implied about failure or inferior. That's something you've read in there yourself.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2011, 04:28:56 pm »

I wasn't going to reply to this topic till I was at home and could throw some statistics about, but seeing as my sanity and integrity as a person is being questioned I would just like to clear this up.

1. This originally started as a facebook joke, naturally some women bit and it turned into a debate. However it then did get me thinking tbh as I do believe society is better off with traditional family values and because job sharing could very well become a reality throughout the course of capitalism.

The GF wants to be a stay at home mum. She's currently a children centre manager and thinks it's sad that so many young children get stuffed by their parents into these places from 8-5, or longer.

I posted this partly as a pee take but it's progressed from that now. Alot of women would happily be house wifes and then there are others who think I'm an idiot.

Personally I don't care whether it's the man or woman who stays at home, but in my ideal world this would be a reality, along with families being able to spend more time together whilst working slightly less.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2011, 05:16:58 pm »

Logical fallacy there Red. Andrew is only asking if Poverty has a girlfriend (and therefore has the benefit of a female view to his proposal) or if said girlfriend knows about these views (and what her thoughts on it would be). Nothing said or implied about failure or inferior. That's something you've read in there yourself.

....No, Andrew's words are ambiguous and open to interpretation. I merely challenged one interpretation of them. You have chosen to take his words on a very literal level with a big spin of giving him any benefit of the doubt. Fair enough of course  :happy2:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2011, 05:18:55 pm »

Exactly. Thank you.