Make a donation

Author Topic: Robbed on eBay !  (Read 4669 times)

Offline Creatz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 15
  • The Noob
Re: Robbed on eBay !
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 11:41:39 pm »
had a reply....

I have absoloutely no idea why it says this, as we have had this phone for a year on t-mobile, and our contract has ended. it was given to us by my brothers business partner, who we know personally, and we are unsure as to why he has reported it lost or stolen. I dont know why it isnt working with you as it has the whole time with us, and we do have proof as purchase. If you like you can have his contact details. I have rang my brother to try to resolve the issue and he says that he wont be returning the money until the iphone is returned, as he doesnt wish to lose the money and the phone, please dont take this out on me because the phone isnt mine, im just the messenger.
I sincerley apologise for any inconvience caused to you by this.

here is a quote from apples serial and warranty checker

iPhone 4 Serial Number: 7T037***A4S Your Apple's Limited Warranty Estimated Expiration Date: 12 November 2011

how can they be out of contract on an iphone 4 thats has 1 months warranty left. T-mobile only do 18 month 24 month contracts and its a locked t-mobile as well

shall i just ignore all response now and let paypal sort it ?

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 11:44:48 pm »
I wouldn't send it back if the lady in the Post Office was correct!

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 11:46:54 pm »
had a reply....

I have absoloutely no idea why it says this, as we have had this phone for a year on t-mobile, and our contract has ended. it was given to us by my brothers business partner, who we know personally, and we are unsure as to why he has reported it lost or stolen. I dont know why it isnt working with you as it has the whole time with us, and we do have proof as purchase. If you like you can have his contact details. I have rang my brother to try to resolve the issue and he says that he wont be returning the money until the iphone is returned, as he doesnt wish to lose the money and the phone, please dont take this out on me because the phone isnt mine, im just the messenger.
I sincerley apologise for any inconvience caused to you by this.

here is a quote from apples serial and warranty checker

iPhone 4 Serial Number: 7T037***A4S Your Apple's Limited Warranty Estimated Expiration Date: 12 November 2011

how can they be out of contract on an iphone 4 thats has 1 months warranty left. T-mobile only do 18 month 24 month contracts and its a locked t-mobile as well

shall i just ignore all response now and let paypal sort it ?

i think you're obliged to reply. get written proof from T-Mobile of the status of the phone, then reply saying that you have written proof and then let Paypal and your credit card company sort it out.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Creatz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • The Noob
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 11:47:29 pm »
I wouldn't send it back if the lady in the Post Office was correct!

Exactly what i was thinking Nathe.

i can see it now.....
We didn't get it back or just don't sign for it leave it at the sorting office and don't collect it

oh and paypal have said there going to contact t-mobile

Offline adamm

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2011, 10:08:48 am »
If paypal tell you to return the phone for a refund then make sure you use a courier the displays the signature online otherwise they won't be interetsed!

Ifti

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2011, 05:07:23 pm »
The person who sold you the phone took responsibility for the item by becoming the seller. Whether he is the 'messenger' or not - its his responsibility to sort the issue, not his brothers, or his brother business partner.

Communicate via the eBay messaging system only - that way there is an 'evidence' trail that PayPal can access of all communication.

Don't send anything back unless PayPal ask you to.
If you do end up sending it back send it via courier - like ParcelForce/City Link/Home/DPD etc - so you can track exactly where it is at all times. Services like Recorded, or Special Delivery, are not proper tracking since they only show a signature on delivery. If they refuse it etc at least with a proper courier you can see straight away whether its at a depot etc.

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2011, 08:02:35 pm »
This is truly shocking. I wouldn't send it back ask Paypal what they advise ,the pikey twat will only sell it again to some other poor unsuspecting buyer .

PP or CC will get you your money back 99.9% sue off that ,

I noticed recently how hard Ebay have made it to leave negative feedback .

I feel for you I would be livid at least you should be covered please let us know how you get on

Offline Creatz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • The Noob
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2011, 08:28:34 pm »
cheers mate,i will post as i get updates  :happy2:

Offline Creatz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • The Noob
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2011, 01:43:11 pm »
Update, had to post phone back and i now have my money back  :happy2:

Offline ktlstar

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2011, 01:57:41 pm »
good news mate!
- #1240 ED30 Revo STAGE2+
- Southeast - Vag Com owner

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2011, 02:15:48 pm »
I do love a happy ending!  :drinking:

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2011, 02:29:02 pm »
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2011, 03:04:07 pm »
Do a positive feedback and leave a proper snotty post on it telling him how much of a scum bag he is, I know it will still come out has he has pos feedback but if someone is looking through it then at least they can see it,

Darren

Offline icenutter

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2011, 03:26:55 pm »
I'm not sure I agree with that. He did get his money back after all.
Get all your sports nutrition products here; http://www.myprotein.co.uk and use the code MP73153 to get 5% off your first order.

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2011, 03:29:53 pm »
I'm not sure I agree with that. He did get his money back after all.

yes but as far as i'm concerned the time he wasted getting it back he could have spent doing something else, like overtime work for example. ergo he's still lost out, and within his rights to leave rude feedback.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+