Make a donation

Author Topic: Snow Foam'ing  (Read 4720 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Snow Foam'ing
« on: October 15, 2011, 11:41:53 am »
If you don't have a 'branded' pressure washer and want to snow foam the car, can you use these?

Yes, very basic item......

'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Snow Foam'ing
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 11:59:57 am »
I tried something similar but it was a Karcher attachment one for my Karcher PW, from halfrauds. The "foam" was basically just soapy water. You could get a similar effect by throwing a bucket of shampoo water over the car.

Try a proper snow foam lance and you'll see the difference. This is down to the amount of air that comes into the mixture, which one of those things just can't do.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 10:05:35 pm »
Yea results not great........

Do I have to go the Karcher route to get a 'snow foamer' or is there a good universal one?
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 10:55:16 pm »
It doesn't matter what brand pressure washer you have. Snow foam lances come in a variety of connections for use with different types of pressure washer. The important thing is to identify the correct connection: clicky - shows the different types of connectors. Just match to your lance fitting.

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 11:08:37 pm »
£44 < with connector. That good price?

This the one your using? don't mind me asking, what sort of soap do you fill it with?

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 11:40:57 pm »
I bought mine from elite car care because I didn't know about Autobrite back then.

At the moment, using Valet Pro PH neutral snow foam but I'm about to buy some Autobrite Magifoam as this is highly rated.

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 11:59:32 pm »
I bought mine on eBay. Was about £50 I think with 5L of snowfoam.
Very robust brass lance attachment, that works like a dream everytime.

If you buy the right foam lance, they are very economical.

I fill the 1L plastic bottle that screws on the valve with about 20mm of snowfoam and the rest with cold water. This would last easily for 3 separate car details (bear in mind that each wash I  cover the car in LOADS of foam TWICE- therefore I can cover the car 6times per 1L bottle of the foam/water mix).

If u wash the car yourself, these things are one of the best investments for not alot of money really.
 :happy2:

Offline maxload

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 29
  • Edition30 - No.1819
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 05:51:30 pm »
I have a karcher presure washer. I got this snow foam lanse to go with it , works like a charm  :happy2:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003BF83UK

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 08:01:48 pm »
 :happy2:

Thank you all.......now I know there ready available I think I def need one of these. Spent all day Saturday and today cleaning the car. It looks good, but on a scale of what some of you guys do - it will not compare.

Pleased with it......due to 'poor paint work' I don't give it the full effort it deserves.

Have the black pearl colour or something like that. Washed it, polished it and have to say lovely colour when you look close < the metalic is like a mix of colours.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 08:15:26 pm »
Why not get it professionally done? Even an enhancement detail will make it look awesome. Then it'd be a case of just maintaining it. With winter coming up, you could get a winter detail done and it'd be sorted for winter.

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 08:18:26 pm »
Been looking into one buddy.......you know any good ones in Brum?

Some are just STUPID money!

Mine will need a FULL on detail.......but was going to do this new year. I could spend a few hundred quid on a detail, but I have soooo many stone chips  :sad1: ideally I think I need a full blow over.

Do want to add skirts, paint lower rear and add a front splitter.....hence the full blow over
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 08:20:43 pm by Johnny_tro »

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 08:20:38 pm »
Gaz from detail my ride is in Solihull. Greeners (fellow forumite) is just outside of Solihull.

I've used midlands detailing over in west brom a few times. They've been great.

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2011, 08:23:57 pm »
 :happy2: just down road from Solihull. Prices seem fair.

Who do you use for painting work?

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 08:45:02 pm »
For a good power washer

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nilfisk-X-Tra-Pressure-Washer-Motor/dp/B001TUYV14/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318794183&sr=8-1

Can't believe it was £130 when I bought mine  :sad1:

For a good snowfoam lance and Valet Pro snowfoam give our own forumite Keith a shout from Washshop. Cracking price and quick delivery.
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2011, 08:52:24 pm »
I've used City Car Care in Brum city centre. VW-approved but mega expensive. Flawless work though.

Have used Carsmetic in Dudley with excellent results too.

Big al has someone over in Cannock I think. Would like to try them out some time.