Make a donation

Author Topic: Roses reunion  (Read 1146 times)

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
Roses reunion
« on: October 18, 2011, 07:56:42 pm »
Stone roses have announced a reunion, not sure what to think to be honest, loved em since I was begging my brother to take me to see them at the warehouse in Leeds when I was 11( which he didn't lol), big fan of Ian browns solo work but just not sure if it will spoil what is IMO the greatest British group of the last 30 years, thoughts? And is this just a northern thing?  :signLOL:
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
Re: Roses reunion
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 08:03:32 pm »
Not overly optimistic to be honest. The Verve reunion did nothing for me. Although the gig they did in Nuremburg was amazing, the UK shows were a let down and the album was bland. With Roses you just have to many strong personalities for it to work.

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 08:07:43 pm »
As a Manc lad and being out and about during the 'Madchester' thing i loved the Roses and went on to love Ian Brown's solo work too, heard the news about them getting back together and thought about how i could get a day off on friday to join the queue for tickets! :laugh:

Part of me does worry about spoiling the great memories i had of them the first time round if they dont gel this time?, kind of a 'never meet your heroes' thing i guess...

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 08:10:08 pm »
Not overly optimistic to be honest. The Verve reunion did nothing for me. Although the gig they did in Nuremburg was amazing, the UK shows were a let down and the album was bland. With Roses you just have to many strong personalities for it to work.
Agreed but the verve were never the roses. Northern soul was a classic album though :happy2:

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 08:15:25 pm »
Fools Gold 12" 9m53s of pure class   :notworthy:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 08:40:52 pm »
Agreed but the verve were never the roses. Northern soul was a classic album though :happy2:

Oh yeah, I wasn't comparing them musically. Just that they're the only other band I've been into who have done the reunion thing (Oasis don't count really).

I did ask Manny in the toilets of Sankeys if they were ever going to reform and he said not. I wonder how many times he has been asked that?!

hugh jass

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 08:50:50 pm »
 Excellent group/music.  Best group in last 30 years?I think not.  Steps were/are better :signLOL: :signLOL:

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 08:56:01 pm »

Oh yeah, I wasn't comparing them musically. Just that they're the only other band I've been into who have done the reunion thing (Oasis don't count really).

I did ask Manny in the toilets of Sankeys if they were ever going to reform and he said not. I wonder how many times he has been asked that?!
lol a few! I always admired the refusal from John and Ian to not do it even though they were offered mad money, just doesn't seem in keeping with what they were about like the pistols which just didn't work!

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 08:56:42 pm »
Excellent group/music.  Best group in last 30 years?I think not.  Steps were/are better :signLOL: :signLOL:
Forgot about them :signLOL: