All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

R32 for ME!!!

<< < (3/9) > >>

182_blue:

--- Quote from: Phil Mcavity on November 10, 2008, 10:50:01 am ---Your car according to parkers is worth less then you want for it.

--- Quote from: 182_blue on November 10, 2008, 10:21:06 am ---
--- Quote from: joesgti on November 10, 2008, 10:09:52 am ---
--- Quote from: WhiteGTI on November 10, 2008, 09:53:26 am ---
--- Quote from: joesgti on November 10, 2008, 09:28:25 am ---oh and where are they 16,800 brand new as i cant find any.

--- End quote ---

Yeah I can't find this either - other than what was said on that thread a few weeks ago. All I've seen being sold by VW dealers is 06 plates with decent specs, around 20-25K miles for 15,995ish...!

Do it Joe, do it!!!  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

--- End quote ---

yea, i saw a new one yesterday in otley and it was 22k with 150 miles on it  :surprised:

--- End quote ---

i reckon they sold all the demos off (which were the cheap ones), a contact tells me VW have 700 odd new R32's to get rid of, he can get brand new ones with all the toys (sat nav and leather to name a few) for 22k before haggling , if anyone needs his details let me know

--- End quote ---

erhhh, joe, since when did i suggest new price of 21k+ blue 182 wasnt it???. thats HIS REPLY  i was referring too. :confused:

Parkers Guide quote your car at that figure, its not worth it unfortunatly.If you dont believe me.............
http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/used-prices/Valuation.aspx?deriv=28653&plate=78

You will still have to stump up at least 6k long and short of it joe

--- End quote ---

and i was just reffering to the quote below
 :signLOL:

--- Quote from: joesgti on November 10, 2008, 10:09:52 am ---
--- Quote from: WhiteGTI on November 10, 2008, 09:53:26 am ---
--- Quote from: joesgti on November 10, 2008, 09:28:25 am ---

yea, i saw a new one yesterday in otley and it was 22k with 150 miles on it  :surprised:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Top Cat:
Its like the housing market at the minute if your trading up Joe like you are then you will get more car for your money but you have got to be prepared to take a big hit on yours, and as painful as it is you will not sell it at all unless you take a lot less than you feel its worth.  :sad:
Lets say you have to take 2 grand less for yours, well the R32 has lost probably 6 grand and thats why your looking at buying one.
the depreciation is already factored in on the R32 on yours its not yet.  :sick:

RedRobin:

I got the R32 worm in my brain when they first came out. My VW dealer lent me one and I tested it back-to-back with my GTI (less modified back then). I loved the .:R and still do, but quite apart from the not insignificant financial loss in changing cars (private or dealer), the GTI still has the edge in being fun to drive more within the legal limits.

Phillys and TopCat are right. If you shop on price alone, be very careful of that tempting very low price example.

cookiemonster:
luv the idea of having an R but its not as economical as me gti and as i use for work dont think it would be too practical, go for it joe if its what you want you'll be the envy of everyone on here!  :smiley:

Top Cat:

--- Quote from: cookiemonster on November 10, 2008, 03:23:39 pm ---luv the idea of having an R but its not as economical as me gti and as i use for work dont think it would be too practical, go for it joe if its what you want you'll be the envy of everyone on here!  :smiley:

--- End quote ---

I am sure you could find a way to cover the extra cost cookie.  :laugh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version