Make a donation

Author Topic: Do Jetta bumpers sell well??  (Read 668 times)

Offline dalco

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Do Jetta bumpers sell well??
« on: October 17, 2011, 10:27:17 pm »
I just bought one BY MISTAKE on eBay. Paid the guy cash on collection and then realised the next day it was Infact a Jetta bumper.

It was a GT style one (if there is such a thing) it has the twin slat centre grill in black, lower centre grill and rub inserts, so all I need is the fog grills + lights.

So now I'm in 2 minds to keep it and get the fog grills or sell on and re-buy.

I would keep the lower spoiler and GR grill but not sure if a. Jetta bumpers sell well and b. if it will cost a stack load more to do the change.

It's the really dark metallic black that's kinda grey. Can't remember the name.

Thoughts?????

Offline skard

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
Re: Do Jetta bumpers sell well??
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 10:35:29 pm »
Was it this one? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-MK5-2008-GT-TDI-FRONT-BUMPER-/260872584000?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cbd37bb40

All depends how much you paid for it in how well it sells. I remember seeing it come up on eBay the other day and thinking it was a Jetta one and he advertised it for a GT TDI (although it does fit that).

I think you could buy aftermarket GT style fog grilles for the Jetta bumper. I'm sure someone more informed could confirm this.
Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

Offline dalco

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Re: Do Jetta bumpers sell well??
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 02:59:34 pm »
Yep that was the one.

I paid £230 for it then £70 for him to deliver it as he wouldn't allow Fedex to collect and it was about the same for me to travel to get it.

So i'm into it for £300 at the mo. Just not sure if I want to get the Jetta lower grills and fit it, Not sure which bumper I prefer, hence why I am thinking of selling it as a raw shell then buying a GTi shell and transferring the bits. Half the battle is getting one the right colour that doesn't need painting or repair.