Make a donation

Author Topic: Motech mapped DSG 'hesitation' after gear change - FIXED. R-TECH Reign supreme  (Read 62741 times)

Offline heavyd

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
Heres 2 examples of Torque limited maps

Offline alackofspeed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
My K03 map results in a similar initial shape whilst the turbo has enough puff to hit the torque limit - when logging in VCDS you can see the closed loop control of the torque, and further evidence can be seen in the MAF values and ignition pull.

The peak torque trimming is a seperate issue to the post up-shift annoyance to my knowledge and is the engine pulling timing at the request of the gearbox, which I accept.

The post-shift issue happens at torque values lower than the maximum levels dictated by the g'box. I can't recall exact figures but I'm sure I have logs where the torque is being pulled back around 200lbft and lower.

In gear pulls in my car are not a concern of mine; a K03 stg 1 doesn't really justify any further torque handling headroom. The focus of my attention is the up-shift torque dwell.

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
Right...

well I've just got my car back after having the N75 valve replaced. It was diagnosed as faulty and was causing boost issues and misfiring.

The post gear change pause seems to have almost completely gone from the short test drive home. I'm going to take it out again tonight properly but its the best its felt since remapping it.

I'll report back but for those having issue try getting this changed. Its only £25ish plus fitting.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline alackofspeed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Glad to hear yours is improved.

I think I'm going to write my Shark map off to bad experience, and look elsewhere for a complete replacement map.

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email

I think I'm going to write my Shark map off to bad experience, and look elsewhere for a complete replacement map.
:drinking:

Revo FTW :laugh:

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
Dom is now officially a Revo Fanboy.  :pomppomp:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Are you  running REVO now Dom lol.  If you go and get the superchips you will have gone full circle :grin:

My car is currently in with Jabba getting a full custom map written for it

Offline alackofspeed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email

If the old adage "you get what you pay for" runs true, then it would seem the correct option. It is where my money was originally going to go, but in the interests of promoting competition, I thought I'd give the smaller indepedant a chance.

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
Are you  running REVO now Dom lol.  If you go and get the superchips you will have gone full circle :grin:

My car is currently in with Jabba getting a full custom map written for it

Cant believe you're jumping ship aswell Sy, I though you were their chief publicity agent!
Revo stage 2  :happy2: if I can stub up money for an APR fuel pump without the missus finding out,  cant believe how expensive they are now though.
might even go to stage 2+ :laugh:
I'll never go back to superchips, thats for certain
It was just the fact that the two maps I already had, all logs looked wrong, overboost, throttle closing, etc etc. I got revo loaded on, everything was right first time.  PDT offered to  full new map for the car which would have taken hours on the dyno etc, and just couldnt be bothered with the hassle, when something out of the box worked perfectly first time around

If the old adage "you get what you pay for" runs true, then it would seem the correct option. It is where my money was originally going to go, but in the interests of promoting competition, I thought I'd give the smaller indepedant a chance.

Same here, hard lesson learned and £££££'s down the drain :surprised:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 08:49:23 pm by heavyd »

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Cant believe you're jumping ship aswell Sy, I though you were their chief publicity agent!
Revo stage 2  :happy2: if I can stub up money for an APR fuel pump without the missus finding out,  cant believe how expensive they are now though.
might even go to stage 2+ :laugh:
I'll never go back to superchips, thats for certain
It was just the fact that the two maps I already had, all logs looked wrong, overboost, throttle closing, etc etc. I got revo loaded on, everything was right first time.  PDT offered to  full new map for the car which would have taken hours on the dyno etc, and just couldnt be bothered with the hassle, when something out of the box worked perfectly first time around

Theres a fair few issues on here with shark at the moment, mostly DSG orientated, but still not confidence boosting.

Well I wanted a full custom map or adjustable map written for the car.  REVO and APR were the main choices, but APR Uk weren't confidence inspiring in their knowledge, REVO were keen to get me on board offered a very good price but would only be the generic stage 2 with no option of upgrading past stage 2 in the future which put me off.  Jabba are keen to work with me on small hybrid mods etc.

they are even doing the linear throttle map for me :star:  Jabba seem an absolute pleasure to work with.  Sat down discussed my current set up, what i liked, what id change where id like to see gains and what i was planning in the future.  Ive had to learn to drive a manual again though as i have their passat courtesy car :sick:

Offline alackofspeed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Theres a fair few issues on here with shark at the moment, mostly DSG orientated, but still not confidence boosting.

If I was going to do a full appraisal of how the car drives, then I'd list some other DSG quirks that only appeared post re-map, but as they're harder to trigger I've ignored them for now.

Where are the other references to DSG and Shark? I've not looked very hard, so have clearly missed them.

Offline alackofspeed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Same here, hard lesson learned and £££££'s down the drain :surprised:

My car is just the covered in road grime daily driver, so any map is a bit of a needless luxury, but tinkering is too tempting and on the odd day I'm not driving like an OAP its pleasing to have a hint more poke. I told myself I'd keep the car standard.........   :stupid:

My car is running the stock map now - gear changes are far smoother and immediate regardless of engine load. Interestingly the DSG-burp is far more pronounced.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 07:59:24 pm by alackofspeed »

Offline alackofspeed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
To close out this matter from my perspective, I have now had a Revo code put on my car and so far as I can tell the shift is fine.

Note that I have ONLY had the Revo engine ecu code loaded and not the DSG ecu code.

Now to get shot of the Shark STS box.

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
You'll have no problem shifting it on briskoda, I had a fair few inquiries about mine when I put it up for sale on there.
At least you're all sorted now :happy2:

What do you think of the remap compared to the shark equivalent?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 07:20:23 pm by heavyd »

Offline alackofspeed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Hard to say as I've only driven the car about 7 miles since it was done, asides from the driving whilst setting it up and that wasn't very representative of normal use.

Initial impressions are positive. DSG appears to work as it does with the stock map.

I'll wait a while and get some miles on the car until I make a proper comment, but from what I've felt so far..... hindsight is an evil bitch!

Cheers for the Skoda tip off.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 10:23:14 pm by alackofspeed »