Make a donation

Author Topic: NYC engagement  (Read 1024 times)

Offline justcallmeal

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
NYC engagement
« on: October 19, 2011, 11:51:46 pm »
Guys,

A total random one I know but thought I'd throw the idea out there...

I've arranged to take the GF to New York for her 30th for a surprise.  I've planned lots to see and do for the 5 days we're there and would really like to pop the "Q" while we're there.  Central park by horse drawn carriage is one idea but I'm wrecking my brain for more ideas.

I'd like for the moment to pretty private and for just us but something really memorable that we could use for future memories - photo opportunities that we could print and have around the house.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Al

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Re: NYC engagement
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 07:58:13 am »

That's brilliant mate, congrats!  She will love it!  Perhaps if it was a little less private it would be more of a 'scene?' & big deal if people reacted (Made sense in my head?  :stupid:)

Stuck for ideas as my head is in the clouds atm, became a Daddy on Monday of a beautiful little boy. Best of luck!

Oh idea, you want photo's, canvasses etc so be sure to find/book a good pro photographer! (nothing like stating the obvious! Sorry! lol)

Offline nads1_uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 07:59:56 am »
Couple of suggestions although not private;

Top of the Rockafella - then for photos have the Empire State building in the background.
Book a top notch restaurant - I went to Gordon Ramsay's at the London Hotel but I believe he's sold it now.
Inside Grand Central Station there's a place where one of you stands at one wall your partner would be at the other side, I know this sounds strange but trust me, you speak into the wall and they can hear you from the other side.  Would be kind of private even though there's loads of people arond.
Helicopter ride over NYC.

Either way mate I hope all goes well and you get the answer you want  :happy2:

Andy

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 09:25:23 am »
Having been to Manhatten once or twice, I'd recommend:

Rotating restaurant at the top of Marriott Marquis Times Square ( as in When Harry Met Sally)
Top of the Empire State Building (a bit common, though)
Battery Park next to the Globe statue looking towards Lady Liberty
At the foot of the Statue of Liberty
Rockerfeller, either in the plaza, or at the top.
Lots of romantic nooks in Central Park
Outside the New York Museum (my favourite as I love Ghostbusters, think stone lions at the beginning of the film)
Grand Central Station, the ceiling is beautiful, covered in stars
After a good Broadway show (Phantom Of The Opera is great, and I hate musicals!)

Best of luck :happy2:
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline jonm

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 12
    • Staffs-VW
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 10:07:59 am »
Brooklyn Bridge

Check out my other photos for ideas?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonmmorgan/sets/72157626145695227/

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 10:50:39 am »
If you want to go public, then may I suggest at a stadium ball game with big screens. Saw it in a movie recently...  Probably Ben Stiller. But in those circumstances she better say yes! No pressure on her then!

Unless you are 100% confident she'll say yes, I wouldn't ask the question in a public scenario.

Hopefully she doesn't read your posts on this forum or the element of surprise is totally lost.

Basically I would choose a scenario which you think SHE would like best rather the one which YOU would like best <-- They might be quite different!

Do you think she'll be surprised? Or thinking to herself: "Phew! At last!!"

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Eccie

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 04:24:26 pm »
Get yourelf down to central park with a picnic, hire some bikes and ride around, plenty of quite romantic :love: spots to be found.

You may prefer quite if she doesnt accept :ashamed: Could be a real awkward flight home  :signLOL:

Gone - Candy White MK5 Golf GTI (you never really forget your first true love...!)
MK7 Candy White GTI pp - you can never have enough eye candy

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 05:22:48 pm »
^
It might not be a black & white yes or no answer anyway. It could be yes, you're the man that I love, but not yet because..............

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!