Make a donation

Author Topic: Moto GP 2011 Round 17 at Sepang.....  (Read 3539 times)

Offline AlanEdition30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Moto GP 2011 Round 17 at Sepang.....
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2011, 11:00:40 am »
Cant believe it, such an awesome talent, huge loss to Moto GP

RIP Marco  :sad1:

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2011, 12:59:51 pm »
Deeply tragic.

Goodness knows how his close friend Valentino Rossi will be feeling as his bike was involved. Prayers of strength to Marco's family.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline MJR

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 01:45:18 pm »
Goodness knows how his close friend Valentino Rossi will be feeling as his bike was involved.

Exactly what I was thinking Robin  :sad1:
Hopefully he doesn't blame himself for it, natural though I guess  :sad1:
Bye Bye VW Candy White Golf GTi  :'-(  (sadly missed!)
Bye Bye Ford Fiesta TDCi Zetec! (piece of s**t!) lol
Hello Honda Accord GT Tourer! schaweet!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 02:18:23 pm »
^
Fortunately (if I can use that word), I don't think any of the other riders can be considered to blame for the tragic accident - Marco's bike very unusually came back across the track into them - They had no choices. It might feel worse to Marco (or to any rider) if he had survived and his bike had killed another rider.

It doesn't make the grief any less, but such are the risks of motorsport and all involved accept those risks. The future question has to be whether Valentino may now feel like retiring from racing.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline MR02LOW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 14
    • Ironkilla Gym Apparel
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,9122.0.html
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2011, 02:25:15 pm »
so very very sad

RIP Marco  'Sideshow' Simoncelli

:sad1:

Offline MJR

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2011, 05:20:41 pm »
^
Fortunately (if I can use that word), I don't think any of the other riders can be considered to blame for the tragic accident - Marco's bike very unusually came back across the track into them - They had no choices. It might feel worse to Marco (or to any rider) if he had survived and his bike had killed another rider.

It doesn't make the grief any less, but such are the risks of motorsport and all involved accept those risks. The future question has to be whether Valentino may now feel like retiring from racing.

Yeah no-one is to blame.

Hopefully Rossi can accept what's happened to his friend + being involved in the accident and continue on with his career  :happy2:
Bye Bye VW Candy White Golf GTi  :'-(  (sadly missed!)
Bye Bye Ford Fiesta TDCi Zetec! (piece of s**t!) lol
Hello Honda Accord GT Tourer! schaweet!

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2011, 07:50:36 pm »
Rip marco. What a superstar he was, true champion
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2011, 10:01:38 pm »
What a terrible week for Motorsport  :sad1:  This crash was a freak accident made even worse by Valentino being involved in killing one of his close friends. It is going to take him a long time to come to terms with that, very very sad all round.

Offline theo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 07:49:29 pm »

A nice little tribute

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 09:33:45 am »
All,

You can leave your tributes to Super Sic on the MotoGP website here:

http://www.motogp.com/en/contact/tributetosimoncelli

A true racer, who would repass at the first opportunity whoever he was racing. No respecter of reputations, Marco was a MotoGP champion in waiting as well as a double 250cc world champ.

We'll miss you
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2011, 09:27:05 pm »
I still can't believe this has happened, it was my birthday on sunday and woke up to this, not nice at all.

Just read the Motorcycle News with all the tributes e.t.c. Also been reading a lot of the stuff on the internet, thought his father gave a nice honest piece about him.

I also can't believe the trackside medics dropped the stretcher he was on, this happened when Tomizawa died too and is shocking. I understand that they are rushing and trying to do their best for the injured rider but it's not on, especially now its happened twice!

It's his funeral in Italy tomorrow, expecting 50,000 people around the area. Gresini are also going to travel to Valencia and set his pit garage up with his bike as a farewell, wish I was able to make it this year!

Having followed the Moto GP for years and having been to races in various different countries, fans all over the world loved him. He was the one I always went to support, my work van is covered in 'Super Sic' and #58 stickers. I was in Jerez this year when he was leading the race in the wet, we were sure he was going to win before he came off!

For me, he was the brightest and best thing in the Moto GP for years and it won't be the same without him. He was a future champion and would have only improved on the 1000cc bike next year

RIP Marco..............

Matt
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 09:35:42 pm by MattPoss »
Mk5 Golf GTI - DSG, BBS VZ's, S3 Front Brakes, Electric Seats, R32 Rear Lights, Xenon's, Colour Coded........

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2011, 09:31:37 pm »
Kevin Schwartz wrote a lovely piece about marco, stories of him drifting his m3 around paddock, never washing it and parking it next to riders mint 911s etc, hero and sadly missed.

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2011, 09:36:49 pm »
Kevin Schwartz wrote a lovely piece about marco, stories of him drifting his m3 around paddock, never washing it and parking it next to riders mint 911s etc, hero and sadly missed.

Yeah I read that, said he never text him before the Sepang GP but sent his phone a message after the tradgedy saying bye.........

Matt
Mk5 Golf GTI - DSG, BBS VZ's, S3 Front Brakes, Electric Seats, R32 Rear Lights, Xenon's, Colour Coded........

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2011, 09:47:30 pm »

Yeah I read that, said he never text him before the Sepang GP but sent his phone a message after the tradgedy saying bye.........

Matt
Yes, very touching, never realised they were close friends, The sport really has taken a hit, pedrosa and casey just don't have that spark that marco had

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2011, 09:50:13 pm »
Yeah, its lost a talent and a personality, a racer with a true racers attitude.

I was at Valencia last year and the place and atmosphere was amazing, just wish I could make it this year :sad1:

Matt