Make a donation

Author Topic: Big thanks to Eddie-NL  (Read 3781 times)

Offline vwrascal

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 28
  • If it aint rubbin you aint dubbin
Big thanks to Eddie-NL
« on: October 24, 2011, 10:20:59 pm »
Got cruise control fitted yesterday by eddie-NL. His knowledge of vcds blew my mind  :notworthy:

He bent over backwards to help with all my stupid questions i was firing at him  :laugh:

I also couldnt resist getting a 30 byte cent. elec controller fitted while I was there for cornering fogs.  :drool:

Hell yeah! Thanks eddie, your a leg end.  :congrats:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 10:26:23 pm by vwrascal »

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
Re: Big thanks to Eddie-NL
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 10:25:02 pm »
Hi Dan

Thanks for the thumbs up :happy2:

Ed
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 10:38:21 pm »
i really do need to get my cruise control fitted, had the stalk for 1 year now but never go round to fitting it

i do need to find the tool for gettin the centre nut of the steering wheel out

where are you based eddie?

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 11:01:09 pm »
Key is in his signature  :happy2:

VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB (CAN) Interface (Location NR31 ***) and Video in Motion for RNS510 £15

Have to agree < the help/advise he has given me 'phenomenal'
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 11:02:54 pm by Johnny_tro »
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 08:52:20 pm »
Just a quick note to say thanks to Ed (Eddie-NL) who i visited in Gt. Yarmouth today. I had a need for cruise control being one of the only 3 items not ticked on the options box when the previosu owner specced the car (Cruise, Bluetooth and folding mirrors).

Well after a 1.5hr leisurely drive from home to Ed's, he set about fitting cruise control to my car, this took about an hour and whilst there he also did a few other coding jobs for me and advised me on what other things can be added to my car if required, Folding mirrors and rear reversing camera were 2 options and although the folding mirrors does not really interest me after having seen the reversing camera in action on his own car i decided I need one and will be visiting Ed again the new year to have that fitted 

Using VAG-Com he turned off that annoying seatbelt beeper (I live on a private road where seat belts are not required by law  ), he also updated my RNS510 with a later version to include speed cam locations, advised of a fault on my headlamp washers (I wondered if they worked or not lol) and after changing a fuse and several attempts at the system blowing air it finally cleared the airlock and works a treat now (as my face full of washer liquid will testify ).
He also adjusted my footwell lights for me and whilst doing this told him i was about to order a new key for my car after having no spare for 2 weeks since i bought the car, he said he could code me a new remote and i would just need to get to VW and ask for the front portion (The blade and the bit that holds the blade) which should cost me around £65-70 at VW, meaning I should save around £75-80 compared to VW, so was well happy to come away with that too!.

All round nice bloke and would recommend to anyone should you live locally and need coding work.

Cheers Again

Myles
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline vwrascal

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 28
  • If it aint rubbin you aint dubbin
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 10:20:51 pm »
A real credit to this forum, were lucky to have him  :signLOL:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 11:50:02 pm »
i boughlt a lot of stuff of Eddie on the mkiv forum--kept sending him pm to join here--glad he did join and to thank him for a lot of questions i asked him he has answered for me :notworthy:

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 08:16:53 am »
Any chance on getting retrofits for A3s?
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+