Make a donation

Author Topic: How to pat dry?  (Read 4695 times)

Offline vwrascal

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 28
  • If it aint rubbin you aint dubbin
Re: How to pat dry?
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 07:10:59 pm »
I use 'megs' microfibre drying towel and wipe the hell out of it, going over the car twice, is this illegal??   :chicken:

Offline autoperfection.com

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • autoperfection.com
    • autoperfection shop
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 07:16:34 pm »
I use 'megs' microfibre drying towel and wipe the hell out of it, going over the car twice, is this illegal??   :chicken:

:chicken: Don't really know what to say to that!  :grin: 

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 07:24:08 pm »
I use 2 towels, withe same method as auto perfection, first sheet off as much water as possible, then just lay one out, move on to the next towel lay that out then just go back and pick the first one up, you will end up with a little bit of water left, but just repeat the process, i think the problem with most people they are not patient enough and want it dried pronto, its my favorite bit, because i am unveiling shininess.  :smiley:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 08:17:47 pm »
^^^Are you guys gonna be open on Friday?
Yep - we've got you pencilled in!!  Are you still planning to come see us?
Yeah coming up. The issue is timing. I was thinking about coming in Friday evening but given that it's a 3-hr drive to Birmingham, 3 hrs of messing around in Brum, a possible 3+ hrs going to Wales to see this evo triangle thing, and another 3 hrs back down south, I might stop off and see you guys on the way up, like maybe 9-10am?

Or maybe I'll go to Wales early AM first then to Brum and then back down south and see you guys around 5-6pm?

Not sure. All I know is that just before I leave Brum, I need to stop off at Nousey's.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 08:22:49 pm »
about the megs drying towel. Nothing is illegal, haha. Its all down to yourself how you want to care for your car. One thing i will say about the megs water magnet; aftep a  few months of use, they can start to become a bit scratchy. Well, certainly in my experience. Best yay to check its not like this is to find a cd, and rub it with it. If it leaves behind any scratches, it will be doin the same to your paint. 

Offline autoperfection.com

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • autoperfection.com
    • autoperfection shop
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 08:32:52 pm »
Yeah coming up. The issue is timing. I was thinking about coming in Friday evening but given that it's a 3-hr drive to Birmingham, 3 hrs of messing around in Brum, a possible 3+ hrs going to Wales to see this evo triangle thing, and another 3 hrs back down south, I might stop off and see you guys on the way up, like maybe 9-10am?

Or maybe I'll go to Wales early AM first then to Brum and then back down south and see you guys around 5-6pm?

Not sure. All I know is that just before I leave Brum, I need to stop off at Nousey's.

PM sent  :happy2:

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2009, 10:24:06 pm »
I used to use the megs one but then i found the sonus wonder towel and thats used all the time.megs is consigned to wheel duty.I am def a wiper though always wipe the car down even in winter.