Make a donation

Author Topic: Hi everyone - great forum!  (Read 789 times)

Offline laserblue999

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Hi everyone - great forum!
« on: October 26, 2011, 10:10:13 pm »
Hi all,

Thought I'd better introduce myself before I start asking silly questions! Just picked up my  '05 Lazer blue 5dr yesterday and I'm very chuffed I have to say :happy2:. Still getting used to the DSG  :scared: but the car is a lovely piece of kit and the newest and most modern car I've ever owned. Well worth the 600 mile round trip and 2hrs sleep for the 'right' one.

It has DSG/Xenons/Heated electric leather/Cruise/Sat Nav/Retractable mirrors/18" Monzas/Tints/mudflaps/welcome lights with 62k and FVWSH at a bargain price - well I thought so! Don't many about in this colour either.

Plans are to keep it mostly standard and enjoy it at the mo, but the wheels need some TLC and for practicality will probably be painted titanium or similar (though I love the original diamond cut look) and some new centre caps. Also the rear badge needs looking at for the same reason. Common problems it seems........ Also a very small dent for the mobile dent remover. It really doesn't need much IMO.

Other than a brief flirtation with an MR2, I've had several MK1 Golfs, MK2 16V, Corrado 2.0 16V, Polo G40, Passat TDI and several other Polos. My pristine Sportline Mk1 Convertible and T25 Multivan made way for this. No regrets so far and having my cake and eating it with the family friendly 5dr!!!

Forum has been great to view before I took the plunge so many thanks already :notworthy:.

'05 GTI - laser blue, 5dr, DSG, blue glass, heated leather, highline, cruise, sat nav, 10 speaker stereo,MFSW, xenons, 18" Monza, puddle lights, Ipod, retractable mirrors, factory tints, winter/summer mats, bootmat, luggage net, mudflaps, tailored blinds, x-tec plate leds - always looking for more OEM options.......pretending the pikey paddles are OEM+!!

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: Hi everyone - great forum!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 10:12:35 pm »
sound like a good spec golf you have found--get some pics up of it..welcome to the forum

Offline Jogon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 10:30:33 pm »
Welcome , sounds a great spec , and well done on a great choice of colour...
Agreed a great forum this....
Watch ya wallet though.... :happy2:

Offline Weston

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 04:33:26 pm »
Welcome  :happy2:
GTI going...

Offline KevMK5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 11:40:39 pm »
Welcome to the site from a fellow laser blue owner. (although mines a derv)

Looking forward to seeing pics. Sounds a well spec'd car

Laser Blue GT Tdi 140