Make a donation

Author Topic: Finally found a new car! (Lightweight wheel question)  (Read 6655 times)

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
Re: Finally found a new car! (Lightweight wheel question)
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2011, 03:19:00 pm »
Also do you like those tyres TC?  :happy2:

Offline MitchGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2011, 08:42:43 pm »
Have you done much engine mod wise? Might be getting one of these as a toy and keeping my jetta as a daily! Love the charger noise!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2011, 09:21:56 pm »

The OZ wheels are very nice too.  :happy2:

Those tyres are developed with Lotus they are A408 LTS slightly stiffer side wall than the normal A408. From what i have read from the Lotus boys they are not quite as good as R888, but this is due to balance problems rather than grip. I am still on the factory originals and they have worked well on track.  :driver:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2011, 11:28:37 am »
Have you done much engine mod wise? Might be getting one of these as a toy and keeping my jetta as a daily! Love the charger noise!

Havent done any work to the engine yet. They are pretty nippy as standard (came from a 1.6 golf  :ashamed:). I will be getting a Dave.f, reduced pulley, plugs and maybe an exhaust which should give it a little boost. The noise is great haha!

The OZ wheels are very nice too.  :happy2:

Those tyres are developed with Lotus they are A408 LTS slightly stiffer side wall than the normal A408. From what i have read from the Lotus boys they are not quite as good as R888, but this is due to balance problems rather than grip. I am still on the factory originals and they have worked well on track.  :driver:

oh right! From what I have read the AD08 is a good tyre. £500 for a set fitted. The only thing I am worried about is the wear rate. (180). I dont know how long a set is going to last? I don't do major mileage in it but I dont want to get them and they only last 3000k or something! What is the wear rate on yours?  :happy2:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2011, 03:43:02 pm »

Havent done any work to the engine yet. They are pretty nippy as standard (came from a 1.6 golf  :ashamed:). I will be getting a Dave.f, reduced pulley, plugs and maybe an exhaust which should give it a little boost. The noise is great haha!

Also do you like those tyres TC?  :happy2:

The OZ wheels are very nice too.  :happy2:

Those tyres are developed with Lotus they are A408 LTS slightly stiffer side wall than the normal A408. From what i have read from the Lotus boys they are not quite as good as R888, but this is due to balance problems rather than grip. I am still on the factory originals and they have worked well on track.  :driver:

oh right! From what I have read the AD08 is a good tyre. £500 for a set fitted. The only thing I am worried about is the wear rate. (180). I dont know how long a set is going to last? I don't do major mileage in it but I dont want to get them and they only last 3000k or something! What is the wear rate on yours?  :happy2:

The rears will be 3000, maybe 5000 for the fronts.   :rolleye: