Make a donation

Author Topic: Car Security  (Read 1528 times)

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
Car Security
« on: October 27, 2011, 06:11:34 pm »
After an attempted burglary on my house last week, where luckily they didn't get in, the Police suspect my Porsche could have been the target - I didn't think so as it was such an amateur attempt!  But whilst I've been upping the general security on my house and garden this week, I thought I would install some sort of security barrier/post behind the 911 to put anyone off, that is interested in the future.  We live in a very low risk area, however there has been an increase recently in crime.

My drive is an open format so gates wouldn't work, so I can only see a barrier or post, directly behind the car, as an option that would in effect block the car in, as I park it up against the house.

There is a massive selection of security posts and barriers on the market, has anyone had any experience of any good ones?

Cheers in advance as always.
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline dub singh

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 13
  • Snakebite Chasers...
    • Email
Re: Car Security
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 08:31:09 pm »
Best just to get a decent alarm system on your car! Clifford Advantgaurde 5.5... thats what ive got on mine..

If a potential thief wants your car he will get it no matter what.. you dont want no nutter confronting you or your family with a weapon of some sort to release the post/barrier?

The new Clifford alarm systems features "blackjax" - anti hijacking basically... If a thief confronts you, simply hand over the keys and let them go! The car will tavel for a hundred metres or so (enough to get away from yourself/property) before coming to a halt.. the engine immobiliser kicks in, doors and windows lock and the sirens starts blaring... thief is locked in the car, but more importantly... away from you!

If you're having Audio problems i feel bad for ya son... I've got 99 problems but Bass aint one!

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 08:34:57 pm »
Trust me I dont want a Clifford alarm, to be fair it's got a decent car alarm as standard. and that won't stop a key thief.

I want a visual deterrent to actually stop a potential thief even thinking about it!

Offline Poppa Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 08:59:36 pm »

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 09:08:26 pm »
i really wouldn't bother mate.

as another poster as stated it's just a car. do you really want someone who is less amateur (with a knife or a gun) storming in and threatening your family? you have insurance for a reason. i'm not saying make it easy to steal, but it's just something to bear in mind before putting a barrier up. if they want the car badly enough, they'll take it. a barrier won't stop them and it'll put you and your family in harm's way.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 09:16:31 pm »
Have a look here - http://www.barriersdirect.co.uk/parking-protection-posts-c1/telescopic-parking-posts-c126

Thanks Dom, this is one site I've looked at.

And to everyone else, yes it's just a car, and there are plenty of nice cars round my way, the less attractive I make mine the better. I love my car, but I love my family more, hence why my house and garden etc is like fort Knox!

I am after advice on barriers and posts only  :happy2: and anyone that has had experience of them :drinking:

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 11:19:41 pm »
Have a look here - http://www.barriersdirect.co.uk/parking-protection-posts-c1/telescopic-parking-posts-c126

Thanks Dom, this is one site I've looked at.

And to everyone else, yes it's just a car, and there are plenty of nice cars round my way, the less attractive I make mine the better. I love my car, but I love my family more, hence why my house and garden etc is like fort Knox!

I am after advice on barriers and posts only  :happy2: and anyone that has had experience of them :drinking:
No probs, my folks have a subterranean rising post that is remotely controlled, well worth it.

Dom