Make a donation

Author Topic: My GT Low and Wide  (Read 14257 times)

Offline Simpy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: My GT Low and Wide
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2011, 05:26:49 pm »
What summer wheels are they? they look wiiiiiiiiide  :love:

Dave

Yeh thats cause they are wide Dave lol 10.5 rears with 215/40 and 8.5 fronts with 205/40s. There Oz Futura 3 peice splits,rebuilt with BBS RS Gold Bolts (as the OZ bolts require a special tool to split) Rear dish is about 3.5-4" Depending on where you measure from! There currently in the process of being split down, repolished and painted. I got the wheels with the car and have never been a fan of the grey! But just wanted to get the air and rear bumper fit for this show season. Then put a proper stamp of my own on the car for next season! So there getting done along with changing the lower bumper grills!

Like it.  :happy2: could do with some xenons though.  :happy2:

Yeh id love xenons but the price is ridiculous and i dont like black headlights! I Did try fitting an aftermarket upgrade is id previously done on my mk4! and well........lets just say I may aswell just have thown £80 in the bin!  :signLOL:

Saw this at Ultimate Dubs..  :happy2: Looks spot on fella!!

That's some absolute mad camber on the rear!! Im guessing thats set at Maximum negative camber? -3?

TBH Mate im not really sure but there is ALOT lol Ill msg the lad i bought it off and find out, but as its all been done properly and all alligned tyre waer is even! across the tyre and i ran them for all summer! If anything the fronts wear worse but if you look at the pics they look a bit postivey camber to me! :happy2:

that looks awesome, how much did u spend on the airlift?

Thats a question that really really annoys me! i get asked all the time! Mostly by little chavs who are just being nosey 2 hats! Im sure Al can back me up on this one!!! I Dont mind telling people who are genuinly intrested and considering air ride, but when you get people asking you the first thing they say to you is "How much was that mate" it kinda winds me up! If you realy wanna know i can give you Plush's details and you can email him for a quote! But it was a "few k" lets leave it at that!  :P

Offline Simpy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2011, 05:34:58 pm »
Couple more pics...........Sarahs mk5 again and with my mate Chris's mk4..........Yes its the old Project 4Play from PVW!  :jumping:

This is probly the most uptodate picture i have, was taken the Friday morning of Edition 38!  :drinking:

Also does anyone know what my leather is worth? Wanna know if im gonna be able to get a good deal out of this Mk6 R interior ive been offerd as itll depend on how much i get for my interior. Its grey leather no marks a tiny tiny little nick on the passenger seat not even noticable, electric lumbar and heated! Rears have been sat on maybe an hour in total since i got the car!  :stupid:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 05:37:33 pm by Simpy »

Offline RSam84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 05:44:22 pm »
looks gorgeous that, very nice!

Offline Simpy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2011, 08:53:51 pm »
Thanks  :congrats: :happy2:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2011, 12:03:28 am »
your car just looks better and better in every pic :notworthy:,have to pay Luke a visit next ye :notworthy:r :notworthy: to do my audio boot build :happy2:

Offline Stevenebm

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2011, 01:48:54 am »
that is stunning :pomppomp:

Offline Simpy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2011, 12:59:05 pm »
Thanks Guys!

Yeh Luke Mark and Phil are becoming legends in the air ride and audio game!!!  Everytime i see something donw by them im more and more amazed each time!! The install in Sarahs white 5 is just awesome!!

Steven had to double check that wasnt my car in you signature  :signLOL:

Glad your not getting bored of the pics got another few more to upload later, there only iphone pics but have been messed about with on instagram! Noticed theres no rear shots so ive got a few of that to upload!! But again there out of date as ive got matching boot lights now!!! :signLOL:

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2011, 06:08:19 pm »
Hey Phil.
Have you considered the retrimmed ED30 seats that are on ED38?
http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=403558

If the ones you have at the moment are leather GTI ones, they tend to go for around £7/£800

Offline Simpy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2011, 06:56:36 pm »
Al there my mates there out of the black mk4 pictured above......Said i can have them considerably cheaper then they are on edition for! But the MK6 R Seats arnt going to cost me much more! Plus im getting a black headliner to!  :jumping:

Few more pics........... :pomppomp:

And on the old BBS Reps which i swoped for the R32 wheels....regret this now  :signLOL:

« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 07:00:25 pm by Simpy »

Offline Kregiel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 20
  • Supersonic
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2011, 07:20:24 pm »
Jesus, that's lovely, great colour as well!
Red 2008 GTI, H&R ARB, b12 suspension, walk, milltek non-res full exhaust, forge IC, tarox 10 pot big brake kit, RS4 valve, Forge SSK, Autotech HPFP, Xenons, K04 Turbo, Quaife LSD, South Bend stage 3 Daily with SMF clutch, XB and UB Unibraces

Offline Tara

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • If it doesnt break...your not going hard enough!
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2011, 08:04:14 pm »
Wow! Looks wicked!

Offline Simpy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2011, 09:03:55 pm »
Thanks guys......and Tara  :star:

Can't wait to change the wheel colour! I've never been a fan of the grey! But I figured I'd give them at least one show season before I changed em! Lad I bought the car off had plans to put it on air an he had the wheels done, so thought I'd show him how it would look! Time to make the car mine now!  :happy2:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2011, 09:07:46 pm »
looking excellent--have you thought of getting the rear valance done :happy2:

Offline OLLIE_JETTA_MK5

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2011, 09:44:31 pm »
beautiful car mate

Golf mk5 1.4 Fsi , Bettle 2.0 8v , Audi a3 2.0tdi , Lupo Gti , Jetta mk5 2.0 tdi , Golf mk6 1.4tsi , Jetta mk6 2.0tdi dsg . Golf estate sport wagon and now ! and orange GTI
Dubbin it since 2006

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2011, 09:45:42 pm »
How'd you get 10.5 wheels under there?  :laugh: thought i was pushing it a bit with 9s on mine and some poke  :notworthy:

Look forward to seeing the changes you make to it turning it into how you want it  :party:

Dave