Make a donation

Author Topic: My GT Low and Wide  (Read 14260 times)

Offline Simpy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: My GT Low and Wide
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2011, 07:17:05 pm »
beautiful car mate

No Pal like the black plastic look!  :confused:

beautiful car mate

Thanks  :love:

How'd you get 10.5 wheels under there?  :laugh: thought i was pushing it a bit with 9s on mine and some poke  :notworthy:

Look forward to seeing the changes you make to it turning it into how you want it  :party:

Dave

Lots of Camber, Lots of stretch (My old 10s had 255s on them when i bought them  :signLOL: so im guessing the 10.5s should have somet a lot lot wider ha) And a little arch work!  :fighting2:

Offline dreamonn

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2011, 11:12:12 pm »
Nice to see something different

Offline Simpy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2011, 12:02:02 am »
Nice to see something different

It's a normal mk5 for me  :confused: don't know them any other way  :driver:

Offline Simpy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2011, 06:49:53 pm »
 :happy2:

Todays progress, went down to see my friends at Wheel Repair Centre (Shamless Plug  :notworthy: :signLOL:) Initialy just went down to get my tyres removed, and before i knew it we had one of the fronts split down! Took all of ten mins with two people and a socket on a drill!!!  Came home and spent another 3 hours taking the other three apart! Isnt as quick when your doing it on your own with two ratchets, one of which i had to go and borrow from my parents friend! Ended the day with them looking like this......just need to replace 6 nuts from rounding them off!  :chicken:

Ant, the only tyre fitter i know never to have a problem with wide wheels/skinny tyre combo! :notworthy:

Photoshops on what colour will be greatly appreciated.........

Theres £250k's worth of bolts here  :scared:  :signLOL:

Also took a drive down to plush to get my air ride looked at for a long long overduew check up! Ive had a bit of a leak from the tank so the compressors had always been coming on after starting the car when its been stood any amount of time, and have a nasty squeek sorting, squeeks gone after replacing a top mount from the bag strut and check valve from in the boot, but the leak still remains! Not all the time now which is good just when the cars been stood over night! Bit of a pain really as plush is a 300mile round trip from my house!  :surprised:

« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 09:28:17 pm by Simpy »

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2011, 10:10:03 pm »
I'm not particularly into the air ride look, but I do appreciate a car that has had decent work done on it and I have seen a few Plush Automotive cars and they have all had a very high standard of work put into them.  :happy2:
I love the alloys too.  :love:
Golf R gone.

Offline Simpy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2011, 07:23:11 pm »
I'm not particularly into the air ride look, but I do appreciate a car that has had decent work done on it and I have seen a few Plush Automotive cars and they have all had a very high standard of work put into them.  :happy2:
I love the alloys too.  :love:

Well who asked your opinion anyway!  :sad1:

Only messin mate thats cool i appreciate not everyone has the same tastes in what they do to there cars, ive got a mate whos had a 5 on air for a while and ever since going to a show with him in it i had to have it......and well here it is!  :love: Yeh the work they do is incredable, i was down there all friday near enough and im surprised they get anything done its just so chilled out and laid back but the speed they work at is incredable!! Wouldnt seem like a job to me!!! I Dropped my car off on a saturday about 2ish and by tuesday Luke had sent me a picture of the notch, wednesday i got first pics of the car dropped bit of arch work thursday and he said i could have picked it up on the friday!!!  :surprised: Couldnt get the day of work though so had to wait another day lol!

Offline wortho8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2011, 09:17:09 pm »
stunning car pal, just love how it sits

ill be paying luke a visit in jan/feb for my air ride  :party: :party:

have u managed to get that leak sorted?   does it make a difference on how the bags perform or can u not notice

Offline Simpy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2011, 11:13:22 pm »
stunning car pal, just love how it sits

ill be paying luke a visit in jan/feb for my air ride  :party: :party:

have u managed to get that leak sorted?   does it make a difference on how the bags perform or can u not notice

Cheers mate! I love how it sits to better then I expected but just how I wanted it!! Perfect imo  :drinking: nah the compressors seem to come on just as much, they don't affect the ride or anything as its only leeking from the tank!! My management has a leak setting on it for the bags! No idea what it does I just leave it set to on  :confused: deffo get to plush though! If I could I'd leave my car and a blank cheque down there.... :happy2:

Offline baggedmk5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2011, 02:24:51 pm »
From a fellow golf on air,
well done sir!

-Neil :drinking:
Stanceiseverything.com
Rockstar Motorsports
"Keeping it Neil"- Photography

Offline Simpy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2011, 07:48:36 pm »
 :happy2:

Leather to cloth............am i mad!  :scared: Picking these up this weekend along with black headlining and all the trim! I cant wait to see how they look fitted im still unsure about going from leather to cloth  :party: And i really like how the leather looks in the car, gives it the look im after.

Offline dan1985

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 11
    • Durham Collective
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2011, 09:17:55 pm »
Is that Vicks interior he had for sale, also the Mondials have gone  :innocent:

www.durhamcollective.co.uk  
North East VAG Owners Club

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2011, 10:55:41 pm »
Look ace Phil. You won't regret it, Will look great in your car. Could always pop them over to MJ's to get a real custom look and go half cloth half leather if you did miss having a cold ass throughout winter. :signLOL:

Offline Simpy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2011, 08:02:06 pm »
Yeh there Vicks seats!!! Got them and the black headlining and 95% of trim bits i need at a bargain price! (Have sourced one B Pillar just need passenger side and a black interior light  :pomppomp:)

Im still really unsure if im doing the right thing with the seats :stupid: Ive swopped the headrests round so the smaller rears are on the front seats and vice versa!! and i think when the cars fully dropped and seats are reclined a fair distance back it just suits the whole look of the car!! Low Wide Cruiser  :happy2:
Where as the R seats have a more sporty look about them obviously!! I Dont think the head rests are doing them any favours as they are HUGE so may see what my headrests look like and possibly get the fabric off the R's put on my head rests........but then my interior wont be worth as much Hmmmmm Speaking to Vik about it last night and he says im being way to anal considering i havent even  got them in the car yet!!! Im gonna have to fit one of the fronts with one of my leathers and go from there i think!!! Im hoping once i get one in all this confusion and doubt just goes! and i think WOW they look awesome!!! Al thats also another idea i have in my head possibly get part of them trimmed up with a nice soft looking leather. But as Vik said there out of a £30K+ car so arnt going to be any old seats............Will see how they look once i get one in!! then go from there  :driver:

Offline Simpy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2011, 01:06:00 pm »
Collected my interior and headlining yesterday...........That was a fun drive home from Leeds with a headliner resting on my head!  :signLOL: Got them in the car easily enough with no major problems!!! Bit that proved the hardest was disconnecting all the wires from the leathers!!!  :scared: I Think VW just invent stupid connections so people like us are put off from messing with them!!!  :scared: I Feel sorry for the auto electrician im going to be going to as the connections under these are completly differant there was 6 connections under my leathers which weighd a ton and i think 4 on the r seats!! So at the min ive got no heated function and airbag light on! But hopefully my auto sprky can work wonders!  :innocent: Also managed to make a start taking the headlining out but was running out of daylight so decided to leave this  for another day and untill i had the few missing trim parts i need. Got all the grab rails and sun visors etc out though.

Parts needed all in black of course are

Passenger B Pillar
Rear inteior Light with Reading lights
Drivers Grab Handle
Interior Light

If anyone has any of these......ive got cash waiting!! Other wise its a trip to the dealer  :rolleye:

So the pics, im really really happy with how they look! All the doubt of how they look has gone and i dont know why i made such a fuss lol! Allthough im already sick of having to wind them forward to get in nd out the back!  :jumping:

If anyone has a guide to help me remove the headliner itd be greatly appreciated, yesterday i was just randomly pulling at the pillars and trim lol!

I Also got a few parts with the interior i can sell for a good few quid (Another arm rest allthough ill fit this and remove mine as the new on has matching lid and slightly differant sliding mechanism,also got some air bags i dont need which ive seen on ebay for £150!!)

My Leather is for sale in the classifieds now to!

Transporting headliners isnt easy   :laugh:

And the finished article  :driver:

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2011, 03:17:03 pm »
Looks great, seats look cool! Did you also get the black plastic part that sits between the C pillars?? I nearly forgot about that piece when changing mine over

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build