Make a donation

Author Topic: Dubtek orders?  (Read 916 times)

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Dubtek orders?
« on: October 31, 2011, 07:35:21 pm »
Anybody heard or seen Mr Ben Dubtek recently? Any orders or items recieved from Dubtek recently? Two mails sent without reply? Been waiting on a WOA manifold arriving for four months, now i know he wont rip me off but its getting close to the stage that i want my money back. He has updated me constantly with mail with the most recent being the BSH welding machine is shagged. Not sure how large of a company BSH are but if the no.1 machine in at my work had a large break down it wouldnt take a week to fix never mind two months? Cheers peeps, Stevie.

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Re: Dubtek orders?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 08:07:11 pm »
Someone posted that Ben was on holiday a few days ago.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 08:14:39 pm »
Must be a couple of weeks!

Offline Toast

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 3
  • Oot n By all the Keyboard Warriors
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 08:15:32 pm »
Maybe Doug's Gypos have been at bsh's machine  :signLOL:
Editon 30, no-0472-, 1/4mile 13.6sec@Crail-Giac 348bhp,345lbsft,Milltek tbe,s3 Cooler,Helix single mass clutch kit,Eibach Coilovers,Bsh Cold Air Intake , Autotech HPFP,s3 brakes,Speedline Turini's,Xenons

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 08:17:51 pm »
Strange. Just recieved this 2mins ago..............First off, I would like to apologize on behalf of BSH for our inability to supply you this product at this time as well as our inaccurate lead times given via DubTek.  Unfortunately we have just run into numerous problems around the parts and labor involved with manufacturing this part.  We are working hard to resolve the situations however even to us, it doesn’t seem to be any conclusions in the near future.  Since you have placed the order, the company that manufactures the manifold itself has been sold and new management has left these orders by us on the back burner.  Also, said company, AFI Turbo, purchases the head flanges used in this manifold from a Manufacturing company, KE Enterprises.  The machine used to make these head flanges went down in mid-July and after 3 attempts to fix this machine at a cost of over 50K have all failed.  There has been attempts to purchases these Head Flanges from other manufactures, however the cost in buying little quantity (less than 1000) would nearly double the end cost of the manifold to the customer, hence why we have tried to be patient with our Manufacturing as well as AFI Turbo to fix their problems and get you a Manifold.  The inaccurate lead times that were once given to DubTek were all based off of the 3 attempts to fix the machine.  Again we apologize for the inconvenience, and although you are first in line, sadly you are not the only one who is delayed.  BSH is however still looking for other opportunities to have the manifolds manufactured however price and convenience are factors.  Both AFI and KE (manufacturing) share the same building with BSH and are all tied in contractually, therefore it isn’t as easy as we would like it to be to find a new source.

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 08:25:20 pm »
Thinking about my reply as we speak.  :sad1:

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 08:57:03 pm »
yeah i ordered a True Seal a week ago and Ben said it would be sent on Monday and it wasn't. thankfully when I called on Tuesday someone knew about it and sent it out, but otherwise I'd imagine I'd be waiting too. he mentioned that Ben was on holiday so some of the dubtek stuff had slipped through the net. the other helperformance guys don't seem to deal with it.

not saying that people aren't entitled to holidays, but Ben was quick enough to reply when money was due to exchange hands so better communication would have been appreciated.

That said, it was sorted very swiftly and you can't fault the price and he does a good service for the forum so definitely not all bad. i would buy off them again.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 09:00:10 pm by sub39h »
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+