Make a donation

Author Topic: Climatronic on 53 reg Passat  (Read 624 times)

Offline gtipirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • Golf GTi Pirelli
    • Email
Climatronic on 53 reg Passat
« on: November 01, 2011, 08:26:21 am »
Looking for a bit of help before I let a local dealer take a look

I have a 53 reg VW Passat witht he climatronic climate control system. Yesterday I started the car and noticed that the outside temperature displayed on the climatronic display was showing '--' as opposed to the outside temp of 16 degrees as shown on the dashboard. The car then could not make its mind up what temp to throw air into the car and it was either too hot or too cold. I did smell a bit of electrical burning a few days ago when I pulled up on the drive but all seemed ok.

Am I right in thinking that it is probably a temperature sensor somewhere and is not serious or do I need it looked at immediately. I did notice yesterday that the water temperature got to 90 degrees on the dashboard a lot quicker than it ever has in the past so wondering if it will affect the running of the engine and fuel mixture. The car is running fine but do not want it to start throwing wobblies once the temperature gets real cold and the car merrily running thinking it is warm outside and giving me hot and cold starting problems

Thanks
Golf GTi Pirelli - Diamond Black, 5 Door - SOLD
now 718 Cayman S PDK