Make a donation

Author Topic: Anyone jet washed their bay?  (Read 5366 times)

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 8
  • .:R32
Re: Anyone jet washed their bay?
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 02:02:01 pm »
modern day cars is not a problem really as long as said you apply a bit of commen

I disagree. They are completely the opposite. Modern engines are littered with sensors and electronic systems, which do not enjoy a soaking let alone a high pressure hose. Then there are rubber hoses which if glanced with a pressure hose a relatively close range can be significantly weakened.

Water and engines bays do not mix. Regular elbow grease and de-greaser is the only safe way to go about it. You wouldn't sling a PS3 in the dishwasher if it got dusty or dirty would you? The under-trays on modern cars aren't just there for aearo reasons, they are their to protect all the electronics from the elements.
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2010, 03:06:47 pm »
Degreased and pressure washed my x-box last night along with the audi no probs at all!!!  :happy2:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 03:12:27 pm by s3dubbin »

Offline vRS Carl

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 03:19:03 pm »
Degreased and pressure washed my x-box last night

You pressure washed a games console. Surely a duster and Mr Sheen would have done :confused: :evilgrin:

GTIStevie

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2010, 10:28:04 pm »
Disagree with everyone, I was at polished bliss the othernweek and got some good advise from them and even though ther website says use an open ended hose the guy told me to use a pressure washer as it doesn't leave as much water lying around.

Obviously don't go crazy blasting everywhere but a good general clean where needed and then as soon as your finished fire up the engine to aid the drying process.

As long as you sensible with where your washing then all will be good, been using power washers on my engines for over 10 years and never had any problems.

Offline andyt13

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2010, 02:50:48 pm »
modern day cars is not a problem really as long as said you apply a bit of commen

I disagree. They are completely the opposite. Modern engines are littered with sensors and electronic systems, which do not enjoy a soaking let alone a high pressure hose. Then there are rubber hoses which if glanced with a pressure hose a relatively close range can be significantly weakened.

Water and engines bays do not mix. Regular elbow grease and de-greaser is the only safe way to go about it. You wouldn't sling a PS3 in the dishwasher if it got dusty or dirty would you? The under-trays on modern cars aren't just there for aearo reasons, they are their to protect all the electronics from the elements.

yes they do have more sensors than older cars but you get a fine mist from a pressure washer, as i said use a bit of commen and dont blast at any sensors  :P

hugh jass

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2010, 07:15:52 pm »
 Arsehole Gunk  and a paintbrush every 6 months or so.