All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Water water everywhere....

(1/3) > >>

stealthwolf:
Dunno if you guys have noticed but there's been some heavy rainfall in the past few days.

Was driving home and there were huge puddles (for lack of a better word) reaching up to kerb height in some regions of the road. I slowed down through these areas where I could see what lay ahead but sometimes things caught me by surprise.

Apart from not engaging the turbos, is there anything else I can do to help my car during current weather conditions?

182_blue:
just slow down a bit i guess, not allot else you can do imo

Greeners:
If you 'HAVE' to go though deep running water, just make sure you keep you foot on the accelerator as if you lift of the car will suck in air and water with it  :sad:

bacillus:

--- Quote from: Greenouse on November 10, 2008, 08:19:23 pm ---If you 'HAVE' to go though deep running water, just make sure you keep you foot on the accelerator as if you lift of the car will suck in air and water with it  :sad:

--- End quote ---
Wouldn't it suck in water via the intake if the water is high enough regardless of if your foot is on or off the accelerator?

Greeners:

--- Quote from: bacillus on November 10, 2008, 08:38:56 pm ---
--- Quote from: Greenouse on November 10, 2008, 08:19:23 pm ---If you 'HAVE' to go though deep running water, just make sure you keep you foot on the accelerator as if you lift of the car will suck in air and water with it  :sad:

--- End quote ---
Wouldn't it suck in water via the intake if the water is high enough regardless of if your foot is on or off the accelerator?

--- End quote ---

In most of the cases of water damage I've seen it's when they panic and back of to stop!
If it's that high and you still attempt to drive through it you deserve to blow your engine up  :signIWS: :wink:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version