All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Water water everywhere....

<< < (2/3) > >>

E30m3:
Tell me about it !  the rain was mental on the M1 today ! Seen alot of cars on the hardshoulder ! :surprised:

was on the Mway today M1 , could not see the car in front, the sprays were ridiculous  !!  had a twat in the mirrors about 3 feet away in a 08 a4, right up my arse , prick !

cookiemonster:
...........get a landrover!

E30m3:

--- Quote from: cookiemonster on November 11, 2008, 10:37:08 am ---...........get a landrover!

--- End quote ---

so i can breakdown on the hard shoulder... !  :P  :signLOL:

not in to 4x4, unless its a defender, Toyotaland cruiser or a 6litre Q7 diesel !

ub7rm:

--- Quote from: Greenouse on November 10, 2008, 08:56:42 pm ---
--- Quote from: bacillus on November 10, 2008, 08:38:56 pm ---
--- Quote from: Greenouse on November 10, 2008, 08:19:23 pm ---If you 'HAVE' to go though deep running water, just make sure you keep you foot on the accelerator as if you lift of the car will suck in air and water with it  :sad:

--- End quote ---
Wouldn't it suck in water via the intake if the water is high enough regardless of if your foot is on or off the accelerator?

--- End quote ---

In most of the cases of water damage I've seen it's when they panic and back of to stop!
If it's that high and you still attempt to drive through it you deserve to blow your engine up  :signIWS: :wink:

--- End quote ---

I think the logic in not slowing down is that it creates a bow wave and keeps the water away from your intake?

Top Cat:

--- Quote from: ub7rm on November 13, 2008, 05:34:41 pm ---
--- Quote from: Greenouse on November 10, 2008, 08:56:42 pm ---
--- Quote from: bacillus on November 10, 2008, 08:38:56 pm ---
--- Quote from: Greenouse on November 10, 2008, 08:19:23 pm ---If you 'HAVE' to go though deep running water, just make sure you keep you foot on the accelerator as if you lift of the car will suck in air and water with it  :sad:

--- End quote ---
Wouldn't it suck in water via the intake if the water is high enough regardless of if your foot is on or off the accelerator?

--- End quote ---

In most of the cases of water damage I've seen it's when they panic and back of to stop!
If it's that high and you still attempt to drive through it you deserve to blow your engine up  :signIWS: :wink:

--- End quote ---

I think the logic in not slowing down is that it creates a bow wave and keeps the water away from your intake?

--- End quote ---

That makes sense to me welcome to the forumUB7RM  :smiley:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version