Make a donation

Author Topic: A few pics of my car (update 24/02/10)  (Read 6102 times)

Offline bbcoop

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: A few pics of my car (update 24/02/10)
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 03:17:30 pm »
Hi Ben,

I'm looking into the REVO remap for my GT Sport TDI 140. Does it get rid of the horrible 1st gear throttle/engine response. I find my car takes an age to fill its lungs in first unless a give it such a boot full the traction light flashes! it can be dangerous well pulling onto roundabouts.

Any input would be appreciated.

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 03:20:43 pm »
get some discount then if u work for vw  :laugh:  i got loads off when i worked for Honda  :grin:

Haha they took good care of me :wink: Not quite as much as i got off the golf though :grin:

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 03:22:30 pm »
Hi Ben,

I'm looking into the REVO remap for my GT Sport TDI 140. Does it get rid of the horrible 1st gear throttle/engine response. I find my car takes an age to fill its lungs in first unless a give it such a boot full the traction light flashes! it can be dangerous well pulling onto roundabouts.

Any input would be appreciated.

It does seem to smooth the power delivery out but first gear is still useless its 3rd and 4th you really notice the difference :driver:
Go for it you wont be dissapointed  :happy2:

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2010, 01:19:19 am »
We except full pics of the scirocco. What colour/spec did you go for? Congrats on your purchase.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2010, 12:17:59 pm »
B3n,

The TDI looks stunning. As said before, identical colour to mine and the exact look I had in mind for a period of time (Charls wheels, Ed30 splitter, colour coding etc...), but I'm going for slightly different cosmetics now anyhow :smiley:

Stunning car though. I always thought it was a GTI on glancing :laugh: Shame to see it go?  :sad1:
I like Sirocco's but I must admit I wouldn't change my Golf for one, just my preference but I can't comment too much as I've not driven one. Enjoy the Roc, I hope it does you well  :happy2:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 01:22:05 pm »
We except full pics of the scirocco. What colour/spec did you go for? Congrats on your purchase.

Cheers mate :happy2: Dont worry full pics etc will be up when i get the car whenever that will be :party:
The car ive gone for is a 2.0TSI 210 Scirocco gt in candy white (i know yet another one) with a pretty much standard spec as the car comes with everything i need, if i need anything ill just retro fit it myself for a fraction of the cost in the brochure.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 01:27:12 pm »
I think x5pea is selling his 'rocco. Worth buying some of his old mods to make yours the rockingest rocco in the uk?

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2010, 01:30:13 pm »
B3n,

The TDI looks stunning. As said before, identical colour to mine and the exact look I had in mind for a period of time (Charls wheels, Ed30 splitter, colour coding etc...), but I'm going for slightly different cosmetics now anyhow :smiley:

Stunning car though. I always thought it was a GTI on glancing :laugh: Shame to see it go?  :sad1:
I like Sirocco's but I must admit I wouldn't change my Golf for one, just my preference but I can't comment too much as I've not driven one. Enjoy the Roc, I hope it does you well  :happy2:

Cheers mate
What look you going for?
I am going to miss the car when it goes as it is such a nice looking car im just gutted i havent had the chance to lower it but i want a petrol :driver:

I was originaly going in to buy a MK6 GTi but they didnt have one there for me to drive only a Scirocco so i drove that and fell in love with it but the two main reasons i went for a scirocco are its cheaper than the GTI so more money for mods :jumpmove: and i never have anyone in the back so i dont need the size of the golf but one thing i have realised is where im going to but my surfboard :confused:

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2010, 01:31:45 pm »
I think x5pea is selling his 'rocco. Worth buying some of his old mods to make yours the rockingest rocco in the uk?

Haha yeah i know mate just trying to find the money for his bumpers bonnet and tailgate :popcornsoda:

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2010, 11:34:53 pm »
B3n,

Cheers mate
What look you going for?
I am going to miss the car when it goes as it is such a nice looking car im just gutted i havent had the chance to lower it but i want a petrol :driver:

I was originaly going in to buy a MK6 GTi but they didnt have one there for me to drive only a Scirocco so i drove that and fell in love with it but the two main reasons i went for a scirocco are its cheaper than the GTI so more money for mods :jumpmove: and i never have anyone in the back so i dont need the size of the golf but one thing i have realised is where im going to but my surfboard :confused:

Still deciding but I think Audi split S-Line wheels and Xenons are the two next major mods  :smiley:
Really like yours though and didn't wanna copy  :P

Whats rear room like in the Roc'?
Guess the Roc's will be rarer, not that the Mk6 GTI's are common yet or will be, but Roc is more of an impact image car I guess  :happy2: If you adored it on the drive then it's good you stuck with your instinct.

Enjoy bud   :driver:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door