Make a donation

Author Topic: Standard dampers question and opinions needed  (Read 1025 times)

Offline scarpicus

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
Standard dampers question and opinions needed
« on: July 31, 2009, 10:04:40 am »
As some of you may know i have ordered koni coilovers but have been told that they won't be here until end of august at the earliest... :sad1:
So i wanted to know if it would be a good or bad idea if i should just cancle order and put the stock dampers back on my car what had covered only about 22000 miles in about 3 and a half yrs and get eibach sport lines springs which are quite cheap.
as my main objective with getting coils was just to lower car with a decent ride.

my stock dampers have been sitting in my shed since i had koni fsd and pro-kit installed about 7 or 8 months ago maybe more but i have just checked them by pushing them down which needs quite at bit of force and the rods slowly come back up so does that mean they are ok.... :happy2:

How is the ride with that setup?

plus would appreciate any pics... :wink:

« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 10:08:22 am by scarpicus »

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Standard dampers question and opinions needed
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 10:26:22 am »
^^^^
Having only done 22k miles and also needing lots of force, they should be fine, but you could have them checked on a bench by a local trusted garage.

If you are only wishing to achieve a lower stance then I see no reason to justify spending on coilovers.

HTH

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!