Make a donation

Author Topic: random question  (Read 5564 times)

Offline cmdrfire

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
Re: random question
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2009, 12:18:33 am »
^^^^
Thanks, Neo. Yes, she's now fully recovered - It happened last Saturday night. She seriously overdosed on alcohol - Very unlike her but now she knows. Spending the whole of Saturday night in A&E was quite an education - Most of the cases were alcohol related. I'm not at all angry with her but I'm still feeling very angry indeed towards the alcohol problems I see.

Once you burn your finger, you know not to put it in the fire again*...
Good to hear that she is recovered fully and wiser for the experience. There is nothing wrong with indulging in moderation (or for the taste of something particularly nice) but IMO drinking for the express purpose of getting drunk is just silly.

(*except for me, for I was a stupid baby, and burnt my finger twice in the cigarette lighter before I learned).

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2009, 12:30:26 am »
^^^^
I don't know for certain but I doubt if she was intending to get drunk. I think it crept up on her and the Coca-Cola masked it.

So at what age did you start to piss excellence and did you need a special nappy for it?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2009, 08:03:16 am »
good to hear its turned out ok RR  :happy2:
As nathan says its a lesson we all seem to need to learn at one point or another.....
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2009, 09:44:43 am »

As long as the lesson doesn't kill - It can easily go further than just knock you out and make you sick - The sick tends to be very liquid and if you're on your back you can drown in it, blood pressure can drop very dramatically, your body temperature can go stone cold, you can't be roused, etc. Head injuries can be sustained as you collapse.

My daughter is definitely a sensible girl and I'm confident she'll take great care in the future - So lesson learnt without me making things worse by giving her any lectures or telling her off. All I've done is explain the potentially grave dangers. She's feeling extremely sorry and apologetic about it.

Thanks for supportive posts, guys :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2009, 12:07:57 pm »
^^^^
I don't know for certain but I doubt if she was intending to get drunk. I think it crept up on her and the Coca-Cola masked it.

So at what age did you start to piss excellence and did you need a special nappy for it?

Wasn't referring to your daughter specifically about the drinking-to-get-drunk thing, just being an old man in general :P

And about the same age as your young lass is now I'd figure.