Make a donation

Author Topic: Fitting New Alarm  (Read 11966 times)

Offline hussnainh8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
Re: Fitting New Alarm
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2016, 08:29:49 pm »
Can I also ask why the D revision is "Horrible" ? Should it not be the upgraded better part? :L I bought the C revision again from a different seller now so I hope it works.. I cant find the A revision for less than £30-£40

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2016, 08:33:17 pm »
You should have purchased the ebay one RetroRaz linked as I'd be taking that option if necessary.

The D just looks crusty lol

Peterborough lol  :doh:

Hopefully that should work  :happy2:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 08:35:31 pm by r5gtt »

Offline hussnainh8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2016, 08:39:18 pm »
Yes but it was all the way from chinaaaaaaaaaaaaaa -__- Aint nobody got time for that lol .. Doesnt the D look the same as the C? -_- haha.. You said it was horrible and I cant make sense of how it is horrible ... I would much rather have bought the D revision or C and at least I wouldnt have to dissassemble the car again after a few months -__- .. The A revision has a lot more chance to mess up... What Pop rivet size do I use? 6.8 or 6.4 something??

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2016, 08:56:54 pm »
Lmao I'm sure it's not urgent  :signLOL: some people haven't had an alarm for years but it ain't nothing to worry about.
You could have bought a D but I didn't like the look of it.

As mentioned I replaced my TT mk1 8N0 951 605 with a 1K0 951 605C and it worked perfectly.

Offline hussnainh8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2016, 09:04:08 pm »
Are you saying the condition of it was not the best? and I do need the alarm urgently as my dads cars window has already been smashed and all that to the side.. I have a £250 head unit installed in the car as it is! The least I could do is have the alarm there haha.. Also my wheel arch liner is removed till the new one arrives and I am driving the car without the wheel arch liner on so yes its quit urgent... Oh well, if this C revision does not work as well then I am going to have to get the D revision or the A revision.. Just didn't want the A again as it was the first one VW made and it is useless -_- Trying to find pop rivets on eBay and cant find any thing -_-

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2016, 09:10:57 pm »
Sorry to hear of your misfortune with the broken window. guess you do need it asap. Yeah I didn't like the look of the D tbh. I know it's a pain but the least you could have down was put the liner back on  :signLOL:
The alarm design was stupid as the batteries leak onto the pcb shorting them out but putting them in a different position does help thay but non the less they'd still fail at some point but repairable if the pcb board is in tack as there's a how too on the tt forum as to replacing the batteries. 

Offline hussnainh8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2016, 09:17:53 pm »
No problem and I have seen that forum but when I opened the old alarm siren.. Literally 3/4 of the circuit board was covered with battery acid lol .. Not repairable I guess.. Also the battery for it costs around £8 so better to buy a used one for £20.. Wish me luck that this C revision will work now, will arrive on Tuesday.

Thank you very much for your help guys! :)

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2016, 09:20:46 pm »
Good luck and do let us know if all went well  :happy2:

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2016, 10:37:10 pm »
Bro, just pay a tenner extra and buy a brand new one from  china. Will take maximum 2 weeks to come. At least u will have peice of mind. U never know what condition the second hand one will be.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Offline hussnainh8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2016, 11:46:09 pm »
Thing is, if the one from china revision C does not work then I am going to have trouble getting money back. What is the life spam on these alarms? How do I know how much longer I have got till the used alarm dies out lol..?

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2016, 09:26:38 am »
The newer revision will last longer than older ones. Reason they probably released newer revisions is because they find a fault or realise a poor design in earlier revisions.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2016, 01:13:18 pm »
The newer revision will last longer than older ones. Reason they probably released newer revisions is because they find a fault or realise a poor design in earlier revisions.

Yes because they realise the poor design and make things a little better but not great  :signLOL:

Offline hussnainh8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2016, 02:25:44 am »
Oh boy -_- Dont ask what happened lol ... Bought the one for £19 and sent the seller a little message before he/she dispatched it and I wrote to them saying, please test the item before dispatch as I bought one recently and it was faulty.. he replied back with "How do I test it? I connected it to a car battery and got no sound from it" I was thinking oh wow .. Trying to sell an item that they dont even know works :l .. I asked for a refund and have now decided to buy the one from china brand new like you guys have suggested :) Fingers crossed it does not turn out faulty :(