Make a donation

Author Topic: Women and money  (Read 3243 times)

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Women and money
« on: November 11, 2011, 01:37:49 pm »
i g/f went shopping last week and got to the check out to find that her bank card didn't work,it turned out the rbs whole site was down..so she had to leave the shopping at tesco's and feel like a mug..so she came to tell me at work..Told her i had the £200 in my tool box i had been saving that she can borrow to pay for the shopping but i want it back..I get the money back of her the next day and now she says that she should have that money now :fighting: So the moral of the story is don't tell them you have some money spare :signLOL:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: Women and money
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 03:55:06 pm »
Not much a problem for me - she has a job that pays as well as mine. :smiley:

Still doesn't stop her doing it from time to time. Sometimes I think she deliberately "forgets" her purse.  :stupid:
Golf R gone.

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 04:08:58 pm »
We've always had separate accounts with a slush account for mortgage, DDs, food and such. I think you need a degree of financial independence, as everyone I know who has a joint account ends up arguing about money - usually over something stupid.

Women don't like 'hidden' money though, it somehow always does that cartoon thing of setting their eyeballs off like a slot machine, inevitably landing on double shoes!
Sideways yo!

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 04:19:09 pm »
We've always had separate accounts with a slush account for mortgage, DDs, food and such. I think you need a degree of financial independence, as everyone I know who has a joint account ends up arguing about money - usually over something stupid.

Women don't like 'hidden' money though, it somehow always does that cartoon thing of setting their eyeballs off like a slot machine, inevitably landing on double shoes!
:signLOL: right bout the shoes

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 04:34:22 pm »

Classic.   :signLOL:

My German current account will be staying open when I move back for said sluch fund

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 04:40:38 pm »

Women don't like 'hidden' money though, it somehow always does that cartoon thing of setting their eyeballs off like a slot machine, inevitably landing on double shoes handbags!!!!!!!!

a more accurate reflection of our household  :evilgrin:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 04:46:44 pm »

The womans brain has it's own section strictly reserved for shoes  :signLOL:

Golf R gone.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 04:47:54 pm »
 :signLOL:

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 04:50:31 pm »
maxitrol it is simple

'what's hers is hers whats yours is hers (if you are silly enough to let on)'

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 05:06:53 pm »
thats where i am going wrong :stupid:

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 05:08:20 pm »

The womans brain has it's own section strictly reserved for shoes  :signLOL:

:signLOL: :signLOL:

add Mk5golfgti.co.uk and iPhone to male brain and thats bang on  :grin:

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2011, 06:14:25 pm »

we too operate this system, but never ever let on how much your spending/wasting on your car  :wink:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 06:21:32 pm »

we too operate this system, but never ever let on how much your spending/wasting on your car  :wink:

the g/f didn't realise i had changed my brakes to r32 ones,i just told her i had painted the calipers red :signLOL:

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2011, 06:24:56 pm »

the g/f didn't realise i had changed my brakes to r32 ones,i just told her i had painted the calipers red :signLOL:

Wonder If she'll notice Turbo discharge pipe, Pagid blue pads, more flocking and white LEDs next month  :evilgrin:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2011, 06:26:18 pm »
the dash maybe but the rest NO :happy2: