Offline RS6BRIT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
DDC
« on: January 31, 2012, 05:07:41 pm »
Just wondering whether the DDC type shocks would go onto a MK5/cupra ? KW now does a coilover DDC upgrade, using there own shocks with their own DDC. They also offer the whole system for cars that arent factory equipt, so I wondered if the shocks would go on then you could possibly have DDC on a Mk5.
LEON CUPRA FOR SALE

Offline RENNTAG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 23
  • Premium Performance Parts
    • Email
Re: DDC
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 12:26:07 pm »
Sorry if its a stupid question but whats DDC?

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 12:44:59 pm »
in vw terms its dcc dynamic chassis control, essentially electronically controlled dampening.

You can fit the ddc shocks but they are very expensive.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline RENNTAG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 23
  • Premium Performance Parts
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 01:18:44 pm »
Thanks Rich  :happy2:. Dont hear much from you these days. All ok? Drop me a PM if you want. I have just had NQSBBK fitted if you facied taking a look.

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 01:38:42 pm »
I suppose it depends on what you are after.

I personally havn't driven a Magna-ride equiped car, but I understand the principle.  My RS4 has DRC, which is sort of similar to these magnetic shocks - and works superbly.
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 09:15:37 pm »
I test drove a scirocco with the DCC and it was good you can tell the difference, also been in a passat CC which was also good and in audi terms there is one stage further ACC active chassis control which take steering angle sensor throttle position yaw control and suspension sensors and adjusts the throttle response suspension and steering speed, and you can even setup individual programme its the same system in the review that RR tried in the S4.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 09:21:11 pm »
KW do a standalone DCC ECU with an iPhone app to control it now which looks pretty smart but no cheap  :happy2: