Make a donation

Author Topic: Xmas and my son < Remote controlled  (Read 4764 times)

Offline Beddie

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
Re: Xmas and my son < Remote controlled
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2011, 10:30:59 pm »
Yeah that KD450 looks awesome! and he's got some skillz too!  :happy2:

I'd love to get into the proper 6CH CP stuff but don't think i'd have the cash for all the spares i'd need!  :grin:

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2011, 10:34:26 pm »
gyro < these are the ones that are 'double bladed' ? (one on top of the other)
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline Eccie

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2011, 10:35:33 pm »
I know sod all about RC helicopters, but just I've just seen this, it could be great or **** just trying to offer help

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/remote-control-apache-gyro-helicopter-was-39-99-now-only-14-99-play-com-1059354

Gone - Candy White MK5 Golf GTI (you never really forget your first true love...!)
MK7 Candy White GTI pp - you can never have enough eye candy

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2011, 10:47:42 pm »
gyro < these are the ones that are 'double bladed' ? (one on top of the other)

All the 3 and 4 channel ones have gyro stability in some form or another, the 3 channel stuff with the double blades are more stable and easier to fly as the twin rotor counteracts the turning torque that a single blade causes, this allows you to have it hover and fly in a straight line without any steering inputs (as long as its trimmed ok)

With the 4 channel and single blade stuff the chopper will want to rotate as you try to go in a straight line so it has gyro control to the tail rotor but it is trickier to fly than the twin rotor stuff, more rewarding and it goes faster too  :grin:

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2011, 10:48:26 pm »
Appreciate the input from all.....

The one on that link (Play.com) is VERY basic. We have one like that. You can blast it aroud the house, everything and it takes a bashing......but has a low enjoyment level. Great for younger ones though.

Son's wanting to kinda go up a level now.......
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2011, 10:51:03 pm »
The basic one we have has 'trimmed'.............I'm useless  :signLOL: trying to hover, while trying to trim it  :signLOL:

Like a right handed person trying to write a letter with his left  :laugh: trying though

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2011, 11:02:57 pm »
If you already have one of the little basic ones then a 4 channel co-axial (double rotor) will fly very similar to that but will have the benefit of being able to control left and right motion too, makes quite a difference to how it flies and what you can do with it though and still retains the easy fly nature,

Single blade 4 channel has the same controls as the co-axial but the single rotor makes it a bit trickier to fly but is the next step if he wants to move up etc  :happy2:

If you have a model shop nearby pop in and have a chat about the different options perhaps  :smiley:

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2011, 11:34:22 pm »
Think we will do it buddy......go with your one.

He's 10....but fairly sensible and does look after ALL his stuff to be fair. Think he will love it.........and near future maybe try a few upgrades (not the expensive) to boost it up a bit when he becomes better at it.

Take this Kinder-egg one bag to toys r us and get the mrs to order one.

Plus - I fancy a go of the big one  :grin:

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2011, 02:56:55 pm »
Update, after lots of talking, fighting, talking more fighting, then some love making lol we finally decided.........

We went with the http://www.rcmods.co.uk/esky-honeybee-v2-24g-p-6766.html

:happy2: Extra few quid.....we think he will live with it longer. The smaller one we think he will get fed up off it. He does look after his things I have to say he is a good kid.....

Waiting on the mail man now......

thanks for info all. Has helped.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=d25mtjri6qgfsbfvk4u0fnsci7&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2011, 03:28:03 pm »
Awesome... i now have RC Chopper envy!  :signLOL:

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2011, 03:33:06 pm »
Get one bought! Imagine the fun at harewood house etc, nevermind the video opportunities with a microcam slung under it   :grin:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=d25mtjri6qgfsbfvk4u0fnsci7&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2011, 03:33:52 pm »
Get one bought! Imagine the fun at harewood house etc, nevermind the video opportunities with a microcam slung under it   :grin:

Shall i send you my cheque book now or later?  :signLOL:

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2011, 03:36:22 pm »

Shall i send you my cheque book now or later?  :signLOL:
:grin: :grin:

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2011, 05:58:59 pm »
DOOOO IT!!!

Obviously, Xmas I will have to set it up and check it for him first...SAFETY first of course.

All < you should google the extra and mods you can do to these  :drool: already planning upgrades...... :drool:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 06:18:11 pm by Johnny_tro »

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2011, 06:05:34 pm »
I bought my father one for his birthday last year, it was a 3 channel contra-rotating one, very small can land it on your hand, he loves it, flies it round the living room when my mum is not in. He liked it so much he had a 4channel one for christmas 3 months later, same company but better model and MUCH harder to fly, spares always come in handy!!

We got it from Kyosho as they are one of the importers for it.
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14