Make a donation

Author Topic: RS4 v M3  (Read 13655 times)

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
Re: RS4 v M3
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2011, 04:57:22 pm »
...just that with your little one in the back it'd be nice knowing you can't crash it in the snow etc.

Bloody hell, do you work for the Daily Mail?

:grin:

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2011, 04:57:58 pm »
The R32 was useless in the snow! Especially when sliding sideways  :signLOL:

M3 Saloon would be my choice, especially as alot of RS4's didn't make the power, and I find all the Audis i've driven(S3, S4 avant/cabriolet, both gen RS4's, both gen RS6's) had very vague steering...
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2011, 05:02:54 pm »
My S6 was awesome in the snow but also a proper handful. Winter tyres are the answer with RWD or 4WD.

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2011, 05:04:44 pm »
...just that with your little one in the back it'd be nice knowing you can't crash it in the snow etc.

Bloody hell, do you work for the Daily Mail?

:grin:

there was obviously an element of hyperbole attached to that statement, but i would rather quattro as a family wagon if it's a part time baby carrier and shopping trolley. if it was just for me i'd buy an M3 - i'd love to die up a tree in a fireball... if i wasn't indestructible that is.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2011, 05:07:15 pm »
Oh dear, Tamiyoman....

Step away from your VAG loyalty and what you've been spoonfed by 3rd hand info, let's just deal with facts, eh?

RS4 is better than an E46 but not a CSL, E9x is better than an RS4. Tunable?? There's (by comparison) nothing on the M3 aftermarket, simply because it doesn't need it...

The very same source of your stupid opinion also puts the E9x leagues ahead of the RS4.

If you're calling M3 owners Barrow boys, then RS4s are drug dealers cars.

Spoonfed 3rd hand?, maybe you did not read fully before jumping in chap, i DROVE both and preferred the RS4, especially as it was an Avante and had loads of room for being a family car as opposed to a weekend toy!.

CSL was a good car, but MY OWN opinion based on driving BOTH cars was I preferred the RS4 (I am Allowed to have my OWN opnion right?). Yes if owners of M3's are barrow boys, that makes RS4's window cleaners cars, i know 4 window cleaners and 3 of them have RS4's  :P, plus i thought Range Rover Sports and X5 were drug dealers cars, they are where im from anyway!  :grin:

No brand loyalty required chap, as mentioned above twice it was MY opnion and not yours, get a brew and chill out fella  :booty:

Tuneable?, Milltek exhausts, air filters, re-maps to start off, i know as one of my mates who has one of the RS4's (who is a window cleaner) has his re-mapped and with milltek exhaust (with valves that open when sport button pressed).

@ Rich, not talking about V8 mate, was talking about the CSL  :P straight 6 engine, its the only M3 I have driven with more than 4 cylinders and yes they do hold money the CSL, but not ideal for family car  :signLOL:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 05:22:07 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=erslo0mc0liveq4hcruhhbnnpr&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2011, 05:09:47 pm »
You still have not explained why the 4.2 FSI V8 is more tuneable then the M3 V8 lump...

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2011, 05:11:49 pm »
What about a C63 AMG ? If you can afford the fuel !
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2011, 05:22:43 pm »
You still have not explained why the 4.2 FSI V8 is more tuneable then the M3 V8 lump...

Rich, not talking about V8 mate, was talking about the CSL   straight 6 engine, its the only M3 I have driven with more than 4 cylinders and yes they do hold money the CSL, but not ideal for family car  

Bottom line (In my opinion) the RS4 Avant makes a better family car than an M3, hope i dont get shot for saying that  :confused:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=erslo0mc0liveq4hcruhhbnnpr&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2011, 05:24:43 pm »

Rich, not talking about V8 mate, was talking about the CSL   straight 6 engine, its the only M3 I have driven with more than 4 cylinders and yes they do hold money the CSL, but not ideal for family car 

What difference does it make.. they are all NASP. Is it because the M3 is highly tuned in the first place?

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2011, 05:41:16 pm »
Sorry no idea what NASP means?.

I know the CSL was pretty much tuned as far as BMW could take it (without major costs) whereas RS4 is tuneable with added parts are relatively low costs.

Think i seem to have opened a can of worms with my opinion and upset some M3 fans too  :wink:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 06:19:49 pm by Tamiyoman »

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2011, 05:43:16 pm »
Normally aspirated

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2011, 06:24:13 pm »
Oh dear, Tamiyoman....

Step away from your VAG loyalty and what you've been spoonfed by 3rd hand info, let's just deal with facts, eh?

RS4 is better than an E46 but not a CSL, E9x is better than an RS4. Tunable?? There's (by comparison) nothing on the M3 aftermarket, simply because it doesn't need it...

The very same source of your stupid opinion also puts the E9x leagues ahead of the RS4.

If you're calling M3 owners Barrow boys, then RS4s are drug dealers cars.

Spoonfed 3rd hand?, maybe you did not read fully before jumping in chap, i DROVE both and preferred the RS4, especially as it was an Avante and had loads of room for being a family car as opposed to a weekend toy!.

CSL was a good car, but MY OWN opinion based on driving BOTH cars was I preferred the RS4 (I am Allowed to have my OWN opnion right?). Yes if owners of M3's are barrow boys, that makes RS4's window cleaners cars, i know 4 window cleaners and 3 of them have RS4's  :P, plus i thought Range Rover Sports and X5 were drug dealers cars, they are where im from anyway!  :grin:

No brand loyalty required chap, as mentioned above twice it was MY opnion and not yours, get a brew and chill out fella  :booty:

Tuneable?, Milltek exhausts, air filters, re-maps to start off, i know as one of my mates who has one of the RS4's (who is a window cleaner) has his re-mapped and with milltek exhaust (with valves that open when sport button pressed).

@ Rich, not talking about V8 mate, was talking about the CSL  :P straight 6 engine, its the only M3 I have driven with more than 4 cylinders and yes they do hold money the CSL, but not ideal for family car  :signLOL:

You quoted a load of straight out of Top Gear stereotypical sh*t. Thus I chose to rib you a bit, and that's all it was  :happy2:

My window cleaner wouldn't look twice at an RS4.

I'm off for that brew  :signLOL:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 06:51:14 pm by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2011, 06:31:24 pm »
In seriousness though, the E46 was an old car when the RS4 arrived, and it's quite rightly a big jump ahead of it. So you've got a good point.
Sideways yo!

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2011, 07:22:04 pm »
This should help you make up your mind.

Personally I'd go for neither.  :innocent:
Golf R gone.

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2011, 07:33:22 pm »
For me whilst i can appreciate that the RS4 and M3 V8 are great cars both leave me cold if i'm honest, it's almost like they have become a cliche as the 'next step' performance car of choice..

If i was lucky enough to be considering that level of ownership cost etc i'd be kicking the back door of the local Mercedes dealer in for a C63 AMG if only for the sense of occasion you'd get every time you fired it up  :notworthy:

Saying that, if i had to choose between the two, i'd go M3  :smiley:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 07:40:42 pm by Beddie »

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here