Make a donation

Author Topic: RS4 v M3  (Read 13686 times)

Offline berg

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
Re: RS4 v M3
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2011, 09:39:24 am »
Just remember the E9x M3 is significantly newer than the RS4 which is no longer in production. Not quite apples for apples imo!

tis a fair comment, audi would need to bring a new rs4 out to be compared to new m3 - although then this m3 will be going out of production also
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2011, 11:44:31 am »
m3 if pushed.

But neither for me.

Both too heavy, both too thirsty, both get outshined by hothatches in straight line duels.
Just read toms post, nail and head I think and who cares if a hot hatch is faster in a straight line! You can make ought do that but it's boring
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2011, 11:48:11 am »
Still know a meg trophy is faster than a ttrs  :signLOL:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline AAM77R

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
  • Aamar
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2011, 04:20:04 pm »
RS4 all the way

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2011, 06:17:09 pm »
Ive forgot what the questions was, what I want to know is how much do window cleaners get paid to be able to afford a RS4?

Sign me up!

I would have the M3. I kind of get what T88OMM is saying, I have driven a TTRS and felt in full control of it yet when driving a 335i, M3 (2004) or even a 335D they certainly kept me on my toes.

Also others have said the RS4 is now dated. Still a great bit of kit but cant imagine either will be cheap to run/maintain. Get an Evo X FQ360, great fun.
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2011, 08:13:37 pm »
As a previous owner of a 2007 RS4 Avant for 7 months, 7000 miles @ 16mpg.........I feel fairly well qualified to speak about it. It is an amazing car, but and it's a huge but, it drinks fuel like its going out of fashion, brakes are £2k a set, and you need the Audi warranty, just in case the worse happens. They do not make the quoted BHP, but still manage to hit the quoted figures on the road, they are hugely fast, have great road presence and I'd have another one in a shot if I could justify the fuel costs!  It was a great car, and makes even a poor driver look good.  Just google some reviews and you'll see that it's the best RS car Audi have ever built.

I suspected the M3 has fairly similar running costs, but for me personally just don't look as special - that's not to say I wouldnt have one though. It's a shame they don't do a tourer........

I think its best you go and take both, for an extended test drive and make up your own mind.

Good luck

www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2011, 09:22:05 am »
m3 if pushed.

But neither for me.

Both too heavy, both too thirsty, both get outshined by hothatches in straight line duels.
Just read toms post, nail and head I think and who cares if a hot hatch is faster in a straight line! You can make ought do that but it's boring

Had a rs4 for a while, dont know what the fuss was about, didnt excite me, wasnt all that, prefered to take my 360bhp cupra for a blast instead on cross country roads as it was more involving trying to tame all that power even though the rs4 would be quicker.

The RS4 would be my weapon of choice as a family car and when going on longer motorway journeys.

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2011, 12:41:30 pm »
As a previous owner of a 2007 RS4 Avant for 7 months, 7000 miles @ 16mpg.........I feel fairly well qualified to speak about it. It is an amazing car, but and it's a huge but, it drinks fuel like its going out of fashion, brakes are £2k a set, and you need the Audi warranty, just in case the worse happens. They do not make the quoted BHP, but still manage to hit the quoted figures on the road, they are hugely fast, have great road presence and I'd have another one in a shot if I could justify the fuel costs!  It was a great car, and makes even a poor driver look good.  Just google some reviews and you'll see that it's the best RS car Audi have ever built.

I suspected the M3 has fairly similar running costs, but for me personally just don't look as special - that's not to say I wouldnt have one though. It's a shame they don't do a tourer........

I think its best you go and take both, for an extended test drive and make up your own mind. 

Good luck

Good info thanks. ouch 16mpg and getting about 24-26 on the ED30 at mo so would cost me another 1/3 in fuel in a month
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2011, 05:53:42 pm »
Did someone mention an M3???

How about some shots of what the new one is predicted to look like...

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609964

The new 3 series doesn't do it for me atm, but then again most BMW's are like that with me initally.. But this...  :drool:

As for the Insignia idea...  :signLOL: The only part of the Insignia that is quick is the depreciation. The 2 tonne Vauxhall doesn't even enter the ball park with the likes of the M3/RS4/C63. It struggles to shrug off a Corsa VXR in a straight line..  :signLOL:
Not sure what it's like round the twisty stuff, but i'd happily give it credit if it was anything other than crap..

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2011, 07:02:40 pm »
Ive forgot what the questions was, what I want to know is how much do window cleaners get paid to be able to afford a RS4?

Sign me up!

I would have the M3. I kind of get what T88OMM is saying, I have driven a TTRS and felt in full control of it yet when driving a 335i, M3 (2004) or even a 335D they certainly kept me on my toes.

Also others have said the RS4 is now dated. Still a great bit of kit but cant imagine either will be cheap to run/maintain. Get an Evo X FQ360, great fun.

Window cleaners earn a fortune mate, like most of the  tradesman who get paid cash they are always minted, the guy whose RS4 I drove (who used to clean my windows) has a 5 bed house in a nice area (he is only 34) has the RS4 and his wife/girlfirned (not sure) has an A3 Sportback (think its a 58 plate?).
I know he does well for himself as he is always on holiday and he has a mate to do his rounds when he is away (he also has an RS4!!), if you see an RS4 in manchester area with a pair of ladders on the roof, you have seen John or his mate (Simon i think?).

In the area where i come from originally, all tradesmen are basically MINTED!, they all have Range Rovers, RR Sports and new vans and usually very attractive wives/GF's   :drool: and yes I would still take the RS4 over the M3 for previosuly stated reasons  :happy2:

« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 07:04:35 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2011, 11:36:17 pm »
self employed tradesmen make good money, agreed.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=d49sh5pfv5h8p9sbur4ob9n7gu&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2011, 11:37:53 pm »
self employed tradesmen make good money, agreed.

Well.. we would all be much better off if we got paid cash and didn't declare it....  :confused:

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2011, 08:16:54 am »
Did someone mention an M3???

How about some shots of what the new one is predicted to look like...

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609964

The new 3 series doesn't do it for me atm, but then again most BMW's are like that with me initally.. But this...  :drool:

As for the Insignia idea...  :signLOL: The only part of the Insignia that is quick is the depreciation. The 2 tonne Vauxhall doesn't even enter the ball park with the likes of the M3/RS4/C63. It struggles to shrug off a Corsa VXR in a straight line..  :signLOL:
Not sure what it's like round the twisty stuff, but i'd happily give it credit if it was anything other than crap..

If it looks anything remotely like that, sign me up!! JESUS!!!!  :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2011, 08:20:49 am »

Sign me up!

Window cleaners earn a fortune mate, like most of the  tradesman who get paid cash they are always minted, the guy whose RS4 I drove (who used to clean my windows) has a 5 bed house in a nice area (he is only 34) has the RS4 and his wife/girlfirned (not sure) has an A3 Sportback (think its a 58 plate?).
I know he does well for himself as he is always on holiday and he has a mate to do his rounds when he is away (he also has an RS4!!), if you see an RS4 in manchester area with a pair of ladders on the roof, you have seen John or his mate (Simon i think?).

In the area where i come from originally, all tradesmen are basically MINTED!, they all have Range Rovers, RR Sports and new vans and usually very attractive wives/GF's   :drool: and yes I would still take the RS4 over the M3 for previosuly stated reasons  :happy2:

Lot of useful information there.......................  Might want to review?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 08:22:28 am by QD »

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2011, 08:26:09 am »
Yeah, something tells me RS4 driving window cleaners in Manchester might have a sideline of sorts...