Make a donation

Author Topic: Hello there!  (Read 946 times)

Offline bigmuelED30

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Hello there!
« on: November 16, 2011, 11:48:03 pm »
Hello!!! New mk5 GTI owner here! Ive been lurking around the forum for a few weeks now and thought i'd better introduce myself.  I'm from Cumbria and have had my black edition 30 about a month and have loved every second of it! Chopped in my old GT TDI 140 for the eddy and cant believe the difference. The GTI is a different beast altogether!!! The forum really is a great place for information on the mk5 and i have already learnt loads so thanks. I'm sure i'll have plenty of questions to ask you all in the up coming months so you'll have 2 forgive my noobishness!  :ashamed: lol!

Cheers

Sam

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
Re: Hello there!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 11:58:52 pm »
We all sart as noobs mate  :happy2:

been on here about 4 weeks now and learnt a lot and loving my Candy white Ed30 too, mods planned for next year after xmas and holidays.
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 12:06:01 am »
welcome to the forum :happy2:

Offline bigmuelED30

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 12:19:40 am »
Yeah i've got a few of the obvious mods planned: exhaust, intake, remap etc when funds allow that is! lol!! Although i'm beginning to think my car has been mapped by the previous owner, i dont know, it might just be me having had nothing really to compare it to power-wise in the past. It does feel VERY fast, especially after 4,000 revs. I bought the car from a VW dealer and as far as im aware is standard. Although i did have a little fun recently with a Subaru Impreza GB 270 which struggled to keep up with the eddy which made me wonder  :stupid: .....any thoughts?

Offline Weston

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 10:29:35 am »
Welcome along. Easiest way to check would be to get it to a dyno for a power run
GTI going...

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 02:26:09 pm »
Second what Weston said, either that or take it to local diagnostics and get the ecu count checked over, had my Ed30 4 weeks now and although its quick im hankering after more power  :happy2:

Stage 2 for me when funds allow, Milltek (or MV Sport not decided yet, would be after the quieter one as im a little past the old noisy zorst thing  :ashamed:), then twintake induction and Re-map, tempted with the uprated Fuel pump at same time to ekk a few more horses but thats as far as im likely to go  :wink:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14