Make a donation

Author Topic: Snow Foam help  (Read 3977 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=dst9lfjdeefvt1cntid5d3l7ll&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Snow Foam help
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2011, 08:59:01 pm »
Always dry your car, especially if its black. I had to polish out some nasty watermarks on mine over summer.... it wasn't fun!

I believe that is Valet Pro PH neutral snow foam!  :happy2:

Offline philt90

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2011, 04:52:49 pm »
yer i got a free bottle of the standard autobrite stuff with my gun very good foam but doesnt clean as well as i had hoped  :surprised:
Cupra R Winning

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2011, 09:32:39 pm »
Over the last month I have used over 12 different types of foam. some good, some ok, some the same as others. What i did notice was that some touchless foams were better at removing dirt if put through the detergent tank rather than through the lance( alll the lances currently sold are PA lances not one UK car care seller makes their own lances) there was some film left but better than if it was applied via the lance so much so I have put mine away. Most foams on the market will only help to loosen dirt and grime and wont shift it all - if it did I would question what was in it. To certain extent the PW itself will remove more than the foam as well. All thing to think about when buying a lance. 

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2011, 09:35:17 pm »
I see snowfoam as a pre-wash. Much in the same way that you might soak last night's dishes in the sink so it's easier to clean the crud off. IMO that's the way it should be thought of and not as a true touchless wash.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline JackG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2011, 08:40:22 pm »
From my experience I've found 2 foams really work for me

Magifoam
Bilt hamber snow foam

Both have been great but magifoam does get the upper hand, on my Eddie that's coated with best of show I can get a touches wash from magifoam

HOWEVER
It all depends on how looked after the car is...IE is it protected? How long has it been since it was last washed
All these points can make a big difference to how good a potential foam is,and let's not forget!...snowfoam is only an aid of cleaning to help reduce damage to your paint! But as I said magifoam does win for me and I have had touch less wash from it depending on how it's mixed

Hope this helps, your always welcome to drop me a email for some advice or even come down and we can demo some of my foams I have  :drinking:   

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2011, 04:46:14 pm »
Im the same, i just use a £12 unbranded snowfoam put an inch in the bottom add 1/2 inch of vp citrus cleaner and a 1.5 caps of a shampoo this gives it noticably more bite and cleaning power, foams really well too so much better than just a snow foam - wax friendly too !
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline Daffy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2011, 06:49:02 pm »
I see snowfoam as a pre-wash. Much in the same way that you might soak last night's dishes in the sink so it's easier to clean the crud off. IMO that's the way it should be thought of and not as a true touchless wash.

I am in the same mind thought. I just use a cheap shampoo about £17 for 25 litre bottle at Costco. I have heard that several pro detailers use the same as it is a) cheap b)gives a good foam. Water it down a bit as it is quite thick.

Offline Naresh

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2011, 03:42:08 pm »
Do you recommened getting a snow foam kit? I just bought a new car and want to prevent rubbing dirt in the paintwork with a sponge.

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2011, 05:03:34 pm »
Do you recommened getting a snow foam kit? I just bought a new car and want to prevent rubbing dirt in the paintwork with a sponge.

Definately Naresh!

It's better to leave the car filthy all winter than use a sponge  :happy2:

If u get the snowfoam lance, you will still need to get into a good routine using the 2 bucket method.  :wink: