Make a donation

Author Topic: Poor fuel from GT TDI (BKD)  (Read 17148 times)

Offline GLIDN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 19
Re: Poor fuel from GT TDI (BKD)
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 05:34:31 am »
I had the Same problem, DSG (BKD) 2.0 TDI.

After VW, Replaced All four Injector Seals, Rebuild/ Recalibrated the injectors. Replaced Starter Motor. With no fault codes found what so ever.
I would be looking into MAF and or Temp Sensor. I would also advice to clean the EGR.

I did not have my car long enough to rectify MAF, Temp sensor or EGR. As they could not get my DSG sorted. So returned the car in the end.

As for testing temp sensor. It's pretty easy but you do need VCDS.

When the car is stone cold. Have a look at the temp sensor reading in VCDS, If it's not the same temp or less than ambient temp. It requires replacement.

Would be great to hear the resolution to this. As I really want to get back into a TDI.

Offline AjayB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 2
  • Golf GT TDI
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 05:33:41 pm »
Ive had the EGR cleaned today, hopefully it will bring up my MPG to a nice level! If not i will try the Temp sensor! i really need to get hold of a VCDS of my own!

Build: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,40699.0.html

Golf MK5 GT TDI | 35mm H&R Springs | Silver Cabon Fibre Inlays | 20% Rear Tints | Backbox Delete- Dual Tips | GTI Rear Valance

To Do: RNS/RCD510 | FBSW | Black BBS CH 18"

Offline RSam84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 05:47:03 pm »
my brother has had an issue with his cam sensor which has lead to poor starting problems when warm

Offline AjayB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Golf GT TDI
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 05:56:55 pm »
I'll look into the cam sensor too then :) cheers mate! i'm seriously thinking about just getting rid of this golf after having it only 4 months  :sad1: May look into an Audi A3!  :confused:

Golf MK5 GT TDI | 35mm H&R Springs | Silver Cabon Fibre Inlays | 20% Rear Tints | Backbox Delete- Dual Tips | GTI Rear Valance

Offline GTsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 06:03:41 pm »
I'll look into the cam sensor too then :) cheers mate! i'm seriously thinking about just getting rid of this golf after having it only 4 months  :sad1: May look into an Audi A3!  :confused:

Only problem with that idea is that they use exactly the same engine, so you could be back to square 1  :sad1:

it sounds as though whatever it is causing the issue is relatively small & hopefully something you'll get sorted.

:happy2:

Offline AjayB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Golf GT TDI
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2011, 03:41:34 pm »
Lol yeah your right about being the same engine :( I went to go see an A3 locally today, 55 plate 87,000miles FSH Black sport model for £5995. Theyre only offering £4800 on the golf though which it's not going for at all lol. Anyone have an idea what an 04 GT TDI 67,000miles FSH & remapped to 180bhp should go for privately?

Offline Matto

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 03:49:35 pm »
If your serious about selling it I'd recommend doing a CAP valuation online. Only costs about 4 quid and will just you a realistic idea of what its worth in all circumstances.

Offline GTsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2011, 03:56:33 pm »
Lol yeah your right about being the same engine :( I went to go see an A3 locally today, 55 plate 87,000miles FSH Black sport model for £5995. Theyre only offering £4800 on the golf though which it's not going for at all lol. Anyone have an idea what an 04 GT TDI 67,000miles FSH & remapped to 180bhp should go for privately?

I always use whatcars free valuation http://www.whatcar.com/valuations

Depends on condition etc but id guess in the region £5500  - give the what car thing a whirl  :happy2:

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2011, 04:05:05 pm »
You can get a free cap valuation here.

The Audi they're selling trades in at about £3600 - £4000 (model dependant) so they're making just about £2k on it selling it out at £5995. With warranty, mot, cleaning, and repairs etc. they're gonna make about £800 - £1200 on that car.

Their trade in figure of £4800 for your car is spot on really. If your car has done about 60k miles.
Sarcasm for free. Anything after that can only be considered as a bonus.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2011, 04:07:35 pm »
For the hot starting issue, how old is the battery? There's a minimum cranking speed to enable fuel injection, and if the battery is failing then the crank speed can be below the required  280rpm. This can be checked in VCDS. If the crank speed is low and replacing the battery doesn't help, then the starter motor would be the next item to replace. This usually solves the problem.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 04:13:04 pm by Viking »
Sarcasm for free. Anything after that can only be considered as a bonus.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.

Offline AjayB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Golf GT TDI
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2011, 04:12:06 pm »
I think i'll probably go down the private route. Trade in at 4800 just seems like im giving the car away. It's in really condition as well! The Audi in question has a 6 month RAC backed warranty, Full year MOT and just had a service! My car also has a private plate on which just complicates things more! maybe if i could push the garage to about 5200£ for my car i'd be interested in doing a trade :evilgrin:

In regards to the battery its on the original one as far as i know! so if the car doesn't go i could check the battery out! |Cheers for that  :wink: