Make a donation

Author Topic: Car kit location  (Read 2187 times)

Offline b21playa

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Car kit location
« on: November 13, 2011, 12:21:25 pm »
Hi all

I have the vw cradle fitted to my car, where is the unit located, as I want to change to a Bluetooth unit

Offline mb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 29
Re: Car kit location
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 06:32:46 pm »
I had the VW factory fit phone prep in my car when I got it. I removed it due to the lack of cradles for current phones and replaced it with the Skoda bluetooth kit.

The control unit for the original kit was located under the carpet beneath the drivers seat.

Offline sarahw

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 08:30:31 pm »
my bluetooth is under the drivers seat too  :wink:

Offline b21playa

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 09:03:53 pm »
I had the VW factory fit phone prep in my car when I got it. I removed it due to the lack of cradles for current phones and replaced it with the Skoda bluetooth kit.

The control unit for the original kit was located under the carpet beneath the drivers seat.
Hi

Where you able to make use of the old wiring and just replace with Bluetooth unit?

Did you have to remove the seat to get the the old unit? Is it under the insulation?

Offline mb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 09:48:14 pm »
I didn't use any of the original wiring, not sure if any of it would work with a different kit. The bluetooth kit I got came complete with looms, etc so just ran those in.

You don't need to remove the seat to get the old unit out, just slide it right back. You should see a cutout in the carpet near the front of the runner where you you can get access to it.  If you are installing a whole new kit then just leave it in there as its easier!  Has your kit got the cradle fitted above the glovebox? Mine had this which I also removed. You need a new glovebox for that.

The Skoda bluetooth kit I installed is fitted underneath the drivers seat but on top of the carpet.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 10:17:16 pm by mb »

Offline b21playa

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 10:21:37 pm »
I didn't use any of the original wiring, not sure if any of it would work with a different kit. The bluetooth kit I got came complete with looms, etc so just ran those in.

You don't need to remove the seat to get the old unit out, just slide it right back. You should see a cutout in the carpet near the front of the runner where you you can get access to it.  If you are installing a whole new kit then just leave it in there as its easier!  Has your kit got the cradle fitted above the glovebox? Mine had this which I also removed. You need a new glovebox for that.

The Skoda bluetooth kit I installed is fitted underneath the drivers seat but on top of the carpet.

Yes got the cradle as well. Car had a parrot fitted as well which I removed this morning

I'm hoping I can use the old wiring, shouldn't be any different, and then use the loom in the kit for my other car

Offline b21playa

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 11:58:06 am »
Purchased a kit, but seems that it's no compatible with the iPhone. Gutted

Offline DamoP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 115
  • 2007 Edition 30 number 1242
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,86073.0.html
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 07:59:54 pm »
should have got mine , it works with the iphone  :happy2:
MDI Armrest & Glovebox kits
MDI looms , iPod, USB & lightening Iphone 5 leads
Armrests, cloth and leather
Retro fit Armrest 6 CD changer/Ipod dock kits

Offline b21playa

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 09:00:34 pm »
should have got mine , it works with the iphone  :happy2:

How much was yours? I just need module

Offline b21playa

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 09:01:20 pm »

You don't need to remove the seat to get the old unit out, just slide it right back. You should see a cutout in the carpet near the front of the runner where you you can get access to it.  If you are installing a whole new kit then just leave it in there as its easier!  Has your kit got the cradle fitted above the glovebox? Mine had this which I also removed. You need a new glovebox for that.

Where is the old unit as it is interfering with the new one, so can not code it

Thanks