All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

its gone pop....again

(1/20) > >>

The wheel man:
Yup, on my way to Katate and the car felt different.  Stuttering at 1500rpm in 4th then clearing with a prod of the throttle (Put this down to having an emergancy fill up of BT super)  carried on and the juddring suddenly got worse and i coulddnt use any throttle without a shake,  started to slow down and the engine light came on and started flashing, pulled up at some lights and LOADS of smoke started to billow from under the bonnet!!!  turned the engine off straight away and got out to have a look, thick smoke coming from the left side of the engine cover, wasnt steam definalty smoke (had that burning smell)  After a few mins waiting for international rescue to come and save me, noticed a fluid leak, wasnt oil though..........

Will have to wait till morning to have a better look at whats low.

Any ideas??  The engine light is supposed to tell me there is a fault in the exhaust system......

Thanks

So looking at the manual, seems to have been a mis firs causing fuel to enter the cat.  Sound about right??
Ben

182_blue:
Not good, hope its nothing major mate

stealthwolf:
Woah that sounds bad!

Do let us know what happened.

RedRobin:

That's seriously depressing - I bet your heart sunk.

Does sound like misfiring and then the rest but your dealer will be able to diagnose what happened.

The wheel man:
Can you believe that my warranty ran out on Saturday  :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

If the cat is knackered then it could mean a Miltek!  (trying to look on the bright side)

If its really bad news then i will try and get the dealers to help with the cost.......

Do you think it could be anything to do with the fuel??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version