All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

its gone pop....again

<< < (3/20) > >>

The wheel man:
right, i off to get pissed.  I will let you know what happens tomorrow

MAT ED30:

--- Quote from: The wheel man on November 11, 2008, 07:34:25 pm ---
--- Quote from: MAT ED30 on November 11, 2008, 07:31:36 pm ---
--- Quote from: The wheel man on November 11, 2008, 07:29:38 pm ---serviced just 8 weeks ago.  Very low oil usage as i do very steady driving and rarely take it above 3K  Used to check it frequently but it never moved......

--- End quote ---

go check levels fella. what type of smoke was it? burning smell or like steam?

--- End quote ---

Definatly burning, i can still smell it now....... and it was coming from under the engine cover (left side) but none came out when i took off the oil cap.

--- End quote ---

if you have vag com plug it in:drinking: and let us know what happens

Hurdy:
Ouch!! :sad:

Unfortunately it sounds like it may cost a bob or two.

Left hand side - it could be turbo / zorst related.

Hope you get it fixed soon :smiley:

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: The wheel man on November 11, 2008, 07:24:09 pm ---Can you believe that my warranty ran out on Saturday  :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

If the cat is knackered then it could mean a Miltek!  (trying to look on the bright side)

If its really bad news then i will try and get the dealers to help with the cost.......

Do you think it could be anything to do with the fuel??

--- End quote ---

....Although your warranty ran out on Saturday, they may be able to be accommodate you as it's so close. Best not to count on it though.

Greeners:
Ben that really does suck mate!!

It probably seemed a lot worse than it is, especially when there's smoke involved! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, but if there is any issues with VW not covering it let me know as I have contact's within VW  :wink: :happy2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version